DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trainspotting outside of town

I love train videos. Nicely done. What town/city was that off in the distance? I assume it's LV.
Thank you.

Reactions: Taylor1430
Out flying in the mountains I stumbled upon a train after hearing some rumbling in the distance from my location

Nicely rendered.

Did you capture that sound of the whistle with the audio that the AC sends to your device?

I would think most railways would take a very dim view of you operating a UAV so close to a moving train
I agree about operating a UAV so close to a moving train. Public is anti Drone right now
we should use good judgement when flying our Birds.

Hi thanks all for the compliments! the train horn is a stock audio clip from soundbible mixed in with some railroad track sounds in between, very long train about 8 minutes of footage i captured. at first i thought it was a low flying jet approaching it was so loud.

I love train videos. Nicely done. What town/city was that off in the distance? I assume it's LV.
Thank you.

yes its the strip you can see off in the distance, the area around the train is literally the edge of town where they are building due to growth.

I would think most railways would take a very dim view of you operating a UAV so close to a moving train
Gorgeous video, I might have to take a trip down near the state line and shoot some footage.

I am trying to figure out why a railway or anybody else for that matter would take a “dim view“ of flying near a moving train. What possible danger could there be??

Power lines, signals, solar arays, phone lines, over track structures .....
Also distracting the train crew.

I spent a lifetime in the rail industry and certainly would not welcome UAVs in the RofW. In Australia all systems i have checked ban them.

Power lines, signals, solar arays, phone lines, over track structures .....
Also distracting the train crew.

I spent a lifetime in the rail industry and certainly would not welcome UAVs in the RofW. In Australia all systems i have checked ban them.
lol... Obviously you haven’t spent a lot of time in the American desert southwest. As astronaut Buzz Aldrin said from the surface of the moon, “magnificent desolation!“

...then again, I guess the Mavic could startle the engineer and cause him to swerve out of control

lol... Obviously you haven’t spent a lot of time in the American desert southwest. As astronaut Buzz Aldrin said from the surface of the moon, “magnificent desolation!“

...then again, I guess the Mavic could startle the engineer and cause him to swerve out of control

No time in the American SouthWest but I spent years in the outback of Queensland and I think the US SW would be heavily populated in comparison. You have obviously spent little time on a footplate if you think a startled driver could not cause a major incident. A flick on the brakes could easily cause a train to bunch up and derail. I would also think there would be many pieces of track side equipment.

I want to take the opportunity to differentiate those who use uavs for purpose and those who "fly".

The mavic as a rig and the sky as a dolly track, a uav for my purposes is film, my moves are deliberate and well thought out, as youd be on any professional mission, sharing the road with fellow pilots. if you look at my previous posts you'll find I am actually against civilian use of drones for entertanment purposes...

for the very reason I felt compelled to have to address thes types of posts.

Reactions: JoBri
I want to take the opportunity to differentiate those who use uavs for purpose and those who "fly".

The mavic as a rig and the sky as a dolly track, a uav for my purposes is film, my moves are deliberate and well thought out, as youd be on any professional mission, sharing the road with fellow pilots. if you look at my previous posts you'll find I am actually against civilian use of drones for entertanment purposes...

for the very reason I felt compelled to have to address thes types of posts.
Well said. entertainment purposes are for minor pilots. they're more likely to cause trouble unlike the professionals...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent