DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transfer Photos/Videos from Smart Controller?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
Is there a way to upload images/videos from Smart Controller to an Apple Computer? I got a replacement M2 Pro and forgot to designate the SD card on the aircraft for image/video storage. So my first flight captures went to internal storage on the Smart Controller. I tried connected to my computer with HDMI cable, but controller does not mount. I tried putting the SD card into the smart controller to transfer to the SD card -NG. I tried connecting to my iPhone via bluetooth. I even contacted DJI online support -no success there. I saw some posts on Mavic forums, but didn't see a workable solution. I guess Android still doesn't like Apple. There must be an embarrassingly simple solution to this...?

Is there a way to upload images/videos from Smart Controller to an Apple Computer? I got a replacement M2 Pro and forgot to designate the SD card on the aircraft for image/video storage. So my first flight captures went to internal storage on the Smart Controller. I tried connected to my computer with HDMI cable, but controller does not mount. I tried putting the SD card into the smart controller to transfer to the SD card -NG. I tried connecting to my iPhone via bluetooth. I even contacted DJI online support -no success there. I saw some posts on Mavic forums, but didn't see a workable solution. I guess Android still doesn't like Apple. There must be an embarrassingly simple solution to this...?

I believe your images would be on the internal 8GB storage on the M2P itself, you can connect to it via the USB-C connection (which is included). I have attached a video here explaining the process.

I hope that helps!

That's IT! I owe YOU a beer! Thank you Professor! (and your video is very entertaining -Clear the AREA!)

lol awesome, glad you got it going! I can't take credit for the video, I just grabbed one off my Google search and it seemed entertaining :) We'll have to get that beer another time, as long as it's 12 hours before we fly our drones (legit law here in Canada, "12 hours bottle to throttle").

• Haha
Reactions: JS1600
I believe your images would be on the internal 8GB storage on the M2P itself, you can connect to it via the USB-C connection (which is included). I have attached a video here explaining the process.

I hope that helps!
I have a similar problem; did not push the SD card in all the way, so nothing shows up on the SD card in the drone. All images are in the smart controller. The smart controller did not alert me until the end of the flight, when it asked me something like do I want to store images internally; I said yes. I just watched this video and followed the instructions closely. Unfortunately, only the last few images show up in the drone; I imported 4, but still can't get 74 images from the smart controller into my Mac laptop. Help.

Firstly, please check the compatible list to ensure the mobile device is compatible (basically refer to the list of Mavic 2), and double check if the device has been connected successfully once.
  • Ensure the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth of mobile device in on, and relative privacy settings are allowed.
  • For both iOS and Android system, if it cannot be connected successfully by scan the QR code (including cannot find the Bluetooth, connect failed), please try to directly connect it in Wi-Fi. By searching for the Wi-Fi of Smart Controller (default name as “Smart Controller_xxxx”)
  • For Android system specifically, there is a “WLAN+” function to enhance Internet experience, by which it may disconnect the go share signal because it has no internet access.

If the above steps cannot solve the problem, try the following (with pic. for you information):
  • Manually select the AP band as 2.4GHz in “Go Share” setting (image-1)
  • Reset the network in “Wireless & network” (image-2)

How to connect DJI Smart Controller with mobile device via go share2.pngHow to connect DJI Smart Controller with mobile device via go share1.png

Hope this helps.

I hope that helps!
I had the same exact issue, connected the drone to my computer, but there were only 4 images on the bird. My M2P is not recording to internal storage. Tried everything suggestion and finally gave up.

Reactions: DANNY ROMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada