DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring video files from PC to social media.

Brigs66

Reactions
Could someone please advise me on this. I know how to edit videos on the DJI fly app and transfer to social media, but when I edit my videos on movie maker and try to transfer them to social media it will not work as the files are too large....What is the best way to do this please?

Could someone please advise me on this. I know how to edit videos on the DJI fly app and transfer to social media, but when I edit my videos on movie maker and try to transfer them to social media it will not work as the files are too large....What is the best way to do this please?
Upload to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. then post the share link in your social blog.

it will not work as the files are too large....What is the best way to do this please?
For Instagram I usually produce a separate version of videos optimized for that platform. Often I wait until I’ve completed an unrestrained version that I like then make the following changes for the Instagram version:

1. Trim length to less than 60 seconds.

2. Zoom & crop to 1080 x 1080 if possible without exceeding original resolution. I usually shoot in 4K so this often allows me to provide a video that appears to have been recorded closer to the principal subject.

3. Render the final Instagram version at 1080 x 1080, 30 fps, mp4. Here is a link to one producer’s thoughts on what works well for Instagram.

4. If I’m shooting with an Instragram video in mind, I try and compose for a square final version and shoot at 30, 60, or 120 fps. Those rates higher than 30 will appear “normal” speed if converted to 30 fps by dropping frames, or appear slower if all frames retained at 30 fps. You’ll want to experiment with your particular editing software to see how those different effects are acheived.

Instagram isn’t really suited to showing broad scenic vistas via video. If I want to convey that sweeping impression in Instagram I usually create still image in Photoshop that is 1080 x 2160 (or 3240), cut it in half or thirds horizontally into two or three images. Then place those into instagram as sequential stills. A viewer can then sweep across that panorama at any speed they wish and get the sense of space.

You can do something similar via video if you pan across in the clip, but I’ve found the still version where the viewer “explores” the image via their own sweep to be more pleasing.

Good luck and show us your results!

Howard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123