DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling in Russia

buzzy_peeper

Reactions
Hi Guys - I'm traveling to Russia on Friday and I'm nervously debating bringing my Mavic. I know you are supposed to register your drone in Russia and submit a flight plan but everything i find is in Russian. Does anyone have first hand experience bringing a drone through Russia or flying in Russia?

I'm also going to Sweden and Estonia on the same try so any advice on those countries is much appreciated too.

Thanks for your help!

James

James, did you take your Mavic to Russia? I have the same questions about entering Russia with a Mavic. - Thanks

Took mine to Russia back in July, didn't register or log flight plans

Saw a few locals flying at the same time as me on occasions & they didn't say a thing

Hey Photoshop67, Did you go to Russia with your drone? Any probs? I read that Buzzy Peeper took his drone and got some great footage but the rules have been altered since July 2017 so wanted to know if anyone know the latest in Russia

The Russian drone registration laws are a direct response to a political documentary that was made showcasing the ridiculous levels of corruption that exist very high up last year or so. A phantom was used to film some of the very lavish real estate aquired by Russian oligarchs through dubious means. I suspect enforcement is minimal, but your mileage may vary.

I have a BIL who is a high ranking military officer in far eastern Russia. We are soon to visit and he tells me my MP will be confiscated if i take it with me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest