DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to China soon, Need Help!

k1s3k1

Reactions
Need help from those who have gone to China recently or those living in China please! I will be in China next week.

I know you now must have a Chinese mobile number to register the drone, I have ordered that online already will be delivered to hotel.

I have looked at the instructions to register the drone on CAAC website
You Now Have to Register Your Drone in China, Here's How

Looking at this screen to register the device:
1. Where can I find the unmanned drone number and model number from the Mavic?
2. From the manufacturer list, what is DJI written in Chinese?
3. Empty weight is the weight of the Mavic 734g?
4. What is the "Type" of Mavic? Is it fixed-wing, single rotor, multi rotor or airship?
brand-drone.jpg

Once you have registered the drone on CAAC website, do you need to do anything else on the DJI GO 4 app? I saw in this thread you have to link and verify the Chinese mobile number, do I still have to do this even after registering on CAAC?
Link (Chinese) phone number to complete registration..?

If anyone can help me with these questions, that will be really appreciated!!

Thanks!

I was there in May and got a sim card once I landed, but I did not have to register anything. I merely started flying. Is this change new?

i am going china chengdu next couple month. Do i have to register my drone. is auto roaming possible?

Yes you need to register. Get a chinese sim online deliver to your hotel.
Hi, would that help? If delivered to the hotel, I would only be able to registered once I have done imigration...which I guess is when authorities might ask for the registration certificate...

Best,

i currently live in china. i did register but to be honest, police here don’t really care.. but it’s the security guards who will give you a hard time (if any) they usually don’t care if you’ve registered or not in my experience. also, customs don’t seems to care if you’re bringing in a drone.

i currently live in china. i did register but to be honest, police here don’t really care.. but it’s the security guards who will give you a hard time (if any) they usually don’t care if you’ve registered or not in my experience. also, customs don’t seems to care if you’re bringing in a drone.
Thanks, I am just concerned as I have read some people got their drones confiscated in the airport when they arrived for not having their drone registered ( I am arriving at Beijing and departing from Hong Kong, so it would be a pain to have to return just to get my drone back).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo