DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to South Lake Tahoe

Johnic

Reactions
I'm going to be traveling to South Lake Tahoe and want to know of any flight restrictions or issues some might know about. I looked at the dji NFZ map and see a warning area (green) and a restricted red area inland of south lake.
Any info to pass on would be great. This would be the first time taking it away out of home flying area.

Only other thing I see is a restricted area around Truckee for an airshow July 6 thru July 8.

Cool. I should be good.

In Lake Tahoe and its sooooo windy I can't get a flight in without risking my MP. Plus there's a ton of national parks surrounding the lake where drone photos would be amazing buuuut We can't fly in narional parks. Eagle falls would of been nice to drone shot but it s part of a national park too, Real bummer.

AirMap Web App
In Lake Tahoe and its sooooo windy I can't get a flight in without risking my MP. Plus there's a ton of national parks surrounding the lake where drone photos would be amazing buuuut We can't fly in narional parks. Eagle falls would of been nice to drone shot but it s part of a national park too, Real bummer.
There are no national parks (or even national monuments) at Lake Tahoe. According to AirMap Web App (which should be everyone's 'go to' site for looking up 'no fly' zones in the US), the only restricted part of Lake Tahoe is the area around the airport at South Lake Tahoe.

AirMap Web App

There are no national parks (or even national monuments) at Lake Tahoe. According to AirMap Web App (which should be everyone's 'go to' site for looking up 'no fly' zones in the US), the only restricted part of Lake Tahoe is the area around the airport at South Lake Tahoe.
The areas surrounding the lake are under control of national parks. I went to eagle falls and asked the park ranger and he confirmed it as well. Bummer.

The areas surrounding the lake are under control of national parks.

No, not national parks. Much (though not all) of the lake shore is within (California or Nevada) State Parks, some of which may ban drones. Eagle Falls appears to be within "Emerald Bay (California) State Park" - so perhaps this is one of the CA State Parks that bans drones :-(

Did you fly at South Lake Tahoe?? Where?? I'm going in january...thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada