DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to the Neverlands and Belgium

JGToll

Reactions
I am a recreational pilot with a Mavic Pro planning to travel from Florida to the Netherlands and Belgium in a few weeks. A quick search of the internet seems as if I don’t need to register the drone with the EU but I am restricted to 10m (32’). Also, Assuming I have cell service, does my DJI Go 4 app know how to operate so far from home? Does anyone have experience on this subject? Thanks in advance for your response.

I am a recreational pilot with a Mavic Pro planning to travel from Florida to the Netherlands and Belgium in a few weeks. A quick search of the internet seems as if I don’t need to register the drone with the EU but I am restricted to 10m (32’). Also, Assuming I have cell service, does my DJI Go 4 app know how to operate so far from home? Does anyone have experience on this subject? Thanks in advance for your response.

The information here states that registration is mandatory for any drone weighing over 250 grams and any <250 gram drone that incorporates a camera.

(I used the translation service in Chrome.)

Screenshot 2022-04-03 183717.jpg

Here's a page from the same site aimed at non-EU operators. Registration required.

Screenshot 2022-04-03 184029.jpg

Here's a good reference on EU regulations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000