DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling via airlines with Mavic

mfarris2

Reactions
Just looking for some advice.
I am needing to travel back home to Kansas from Florida in the next few weeks. I will be traveling via air.
I have a rather large case for a Mavic. 24" X 14" X 10". In this case I carry all my accessories for the Mavic including the 3 batteries with the Fly More Kit.
Can anyone tell me the best way to get this through the airport? Do I check in the case,...or do I have to carry on this case?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

I carried mine in my camera bag with two batteries, dslr, and iPad. As my carry on and had no issues. From Houston to New York and back.

You can't check in lithium batteries for safety reasons, and I would be pretty wary of checking anything expensive and somewhat fragile into the hold anyway. If you can, I'd carry the whole lot on but at the least you need to put the batteries in carry-on.

Reactions: hammer73
Thank you. Got a plan from your recommendations. The case I have is pretty big for a carry on and well insulated from careless loaders. So I will check in drone with accessories. But carry on batteries in the Fly More soft case.
Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada