DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with drones - Please SHARE your experience to help others

smog

Reactions
Guys, as I see many of us are kinda lost regarding traveling with our drones. Since I did not find any good sheet regarding this I created a sub page on my website. Drone owners like us can easily check and filter departure and arrival and check if anything to worry about or we should be aware before our trip.

Easy to search for almost everything, and also regulation files are available to upload.

» Drone Airplane Regulations and Tips

To avoid any spam flood the submissions will be reviewed within 12-24 hours, but after time this can be incredibly handy for all of us. If you have any experience please share with us.

If you see someone already posted similar departure/arrival country, don't worry... duplication is not a problem. At least we can be sure that most of the travelers had the same experience with the security or regulations.

Thank you!

Thank you, just approved. Please check if everything correct.
Also did a snapshot of the "guide" from the topic you linked, might be useful. :)

Flew from Sacramento to El Paso Texas and then onto Florida and back with my mavic. I carried it on every time. It was flagged by TSA every time for additional inspection. No problems other than that. It was a pain having it with me the whole time but the only other option would be to check it without battery's and I would have worried way more than having it with me. It was in a padded backpack and I stuffed that in my carryon backpack with a couple other items. Like I say it was kind of a pain but the best option to travel with a drone and get aerial video wherever you go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143