DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with Fly More Combo bag

mithatrone

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots :)

I know people are not moving around much during the lockdown, but I am interested to know how people have organized the bag came with the fly-more-combo pack.

I am fairly new to the drone world and this is my first drone of this caliber I have ever owned. I see the propellers are easily detachable which gives me the impression that the propellers should be detached when transporting the drone. With the special low-noise aero-dynamic shape of the propellers, I'm sure one should be careful with them. If this is the case, how should the travel bag be orgaised with all other accessories like extra batteries and maybe an i-pad adaptor in the bag? ?

Attachments

• 20200514_111042.jpg
    20200514_111042.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
A personal choice whether to take the props off during transit / storage; just be sure that when you put them back on you put them on the correct motors! Plenty of tales on here of people mixing them up & finding that the drone REALLY doesn't like it!

Wow, your picture shows you take quite a lot of stuff around!! But I would like to go on a picnic with one backpack and take the necessary drone gear with me too! hence the question!
yeah, I've got everything there (using the bag to store all drones stuff :) ) but going on a picnic would take a half of it out leaving room for something else :)

Reactions: mithatrone
I'll use the fly more bag - for now - I'm trying to decide between using the iPad I used with my Phantom or getting an iPad mini - then I'll find another bag so the screen can pack with everything else. I don't see any way to include even a mini in the fly more bag.

I'll use the fly more bag - for now - I'm trying to decide between using the iPad I used with my Phantom or getting an iPad mini - then I'll find another bag so the screen can pack with everything else. I don't see any way to include even a mini in the fly more bag.
...ipad mini wont fit MA2 controller mate so an additional holder is needed...and it wont fit the dji bag for sure

Reactions: mithatrone
Hello fellow pilots :)

I know people are not moving around much during the lockdown, but I am interested to know how people have organized the bag came with the fly-more-combo pack.

I am fairly new to the drone world and this is my first drone of this caliber I have ever owned. I see the propellers are easily detachable which gives me the impression that the propellers should be detached when transporting the drone. With the special low-noise aero-dynamic shape of the propellers, I'm sure one should be careful with them. If this is the case, how should the travel bag be orgaised with all other accessories like extra batteries and maybe an i-pad adaptor in the bag? ?
I have always taken my props off while transporting the Aircraft... To me it"s so easy to remove them and i"m sure that the props are not being deformed in anyway..

I have always taken my props off while transporting the Aircraft...

Do you use the fly more bag to take your drone and stuff? if so where are you putting the props? I can't see anywhere in that bag to put the props safely and I tend to think that the props are safest on the drone in that little bag!

And then you need a longer cable. If it is an iPad you are trying to use with MA2, then you have to buy a little longer lightning to USB-C cable.
plenty of these on amazon for a few quid mate :) myself bought 3 different lengths ..just in case I'd need them :)

I use a Lowe-pro bag that I have adapted to carry my MP2 and all the goodies so that I can keep everything in one place. It is big enough to leave the props on but I do secure them in place. However I do remove my goggles when traveling but that's just me.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair