DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Treasure Island, Florida - worth bring my drone?

Mikep123456

Reactions
Merry Christmas! Leaving on the 26th for Treasure Island, Florida. We have a beach front resort on the gulf. Would like to fly my Mavic Pro. Any issues or regulations I should be aware of before bringing or flying my drone? Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas! Leaving on the 26th for Treasure Island, Florida. We have a beach front resort on the gulf. Would like to fly my Mavic Pro. Any issues or regulations I should be aware of before bringing or flying my drone? Thanks in advance.
Lord have mercy...... like sardines packed in a can ? Looks OK to fly716704F7-6FB2-474B-9796-05D0D72D4757.jpeg

I live on the south side of the sky way bridge. Frequent Treasure Island by boat. I can think of any reason you cant fly. Winds should drop starting today and should yield some pretty sunset pics

Thank you for the replies. I’ll plan on bringing it with me. I’m not the most artistic so I’ll watch some YouTube videos to help me with some ideas for filming on the gulf.

Treasure Island can be pretty busy but there are areas around Sloppy Joes where there is a lot of sand dunes between the resorts and the water. I am not an authority, but I have been told that it is fine to take off on the beaches, but don't fly where it's crowded or over people. Treasure Island is in Pinellas county, and it is illegal to takeoff or land a drone from county managed property, such as county parks, etc. There is a bridge on Gulf Blvd. that connects Madeira Beach with Treasure Island. I was flying from a parking lot in Treasure Island at the Gator's restaurant and flew across the water to a well know area known as John's Pass. There you will find gift shops, boating excursions, and dining, etc. There is even a Hooters if you're into that. Here is a YouTube video I took earlier this year with my Mavic Air of Johns Pass. The wind was blowing pretty hard that day, but the Air seemed to handle it fine. I have since moved up to a Mavic 2 Pro, but I am sure you will enjoy the area and beach, with or without your drone.
Merry Christmas to you as well.

Treasure Island can be pretty busy but there are areas around Sloppy Joes where there is a lot of sand dunes between the resorts and the water. I am not an authority, but I have been told that it is fine to take off on the beaches, but don't fly where it's crowded or over people. Treasure Island is in Pinellas county, and it is illegal to takeoff or land a drone from county managed property, such as county parks, etc. There is a bridge on Gulf Blvd. that connects Madeira Beach with Treasure Island. I was flying from a parking lot in Treasure Island at the Gator's restaurant and flew across the water to a well know area known as John's Pass. There you will find gift shops, boating excursions, and dining, etc. There is even a Hooters if you're into that. Here is a YouTube video I took earlier this year with my Mavic Air of Johns Pass. The wind was blowing pretty hard that day, but the Air seemed to handle it fine. I have since moved up to a Mavic 2 Pro, but I am sure you will enjoy the area and beach, with or without your drone.
Merry Christmas to you as well.
Thanks information. Nice job on the video!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada