DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trial pair arrived from epson

Is that a new version? They look a bit different from the set I have.

They are the BT-35e. Designed with hdmi in so I can use these with my smart controller.
Have had a quick look here at work.
I do wear glasses. I have a pair for normal getting around and reading and a different pair for long distance and for up close like soldering or fine electronics work, no glasses. (Very annoying)

I don’t have my drone with me today so just using HDMI out of my laptop.

So I thought that as the screen is up close I may not have needed glasses. But without my specs, the screen was unusable/blurry.
I then tried over my everyday/reading glasses. The headset actually fits over my specs very nicely and no comfort issues. This was a surprise. The screen looks pretty good, but looking at this website I find it a little difficult to actually read the content so not sure how the menus may look in DJIGo.
I also don’t have my long distance glasses with me so will try them also this afternoon.

I do like the size of the screen. I couldn’t quite grasp how it worked from explanations so good to see. Size wise I’m sitting at a 17” screen and the image is almost exactly aligned, so I guess you could say it’s the equivalent of having your DJI Go4 running on a 17” display in your hands.

I’ll test with drone and other glasses and come back. I think that if I can get a clearer image with my other glasses, I’ll definitely be purchasing a pair

Reactions: Thomas B
just found a pair of my distance glasses in the car, and these are perfect. Screen is great (im actually typing this up using the glasses. (hope no ne walks into my office haha)
looking forward to testing these thisafternoon outside with the drone in the outside light conditions

tested outside with the smart controller
Im a convert. These glasses were great. Clear image with the right specs on. What i did find as particularly good was that as i fly out to my field, i have to overfly some big high power lines. I know where they are and i always climb before heading out. With the Moverios, the powerlines stood out very clear and distinct. Even if you didnt know they where there, you wouldnt miss them.
Certainly needed the shade cover outside, but thats fine and supplied with the kit.
Im going to try them out again after dark, but im guessing they will be great in the night.
They definitely deliver a good clear image, and unlike some of the other goggle options, you dont feel separated from your surroundings.

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Prob the only negative is the $1200 price tag here in Australia

Prob the only negative is the $1200 price tag here in Australia
Are you able to use just a usb-c cable without the HDMI to connect to your SC? And is it possible to load the SOAR app from Epson to make use of head tracking to control gimbal movements?
Have ordered a SC and thinking of pairing it with the bt35...

The HDMI interface does not have any apps on it it is just a interface. The BT-300 have the controller that you can put the SOAR app on but they will not work with the smart controller. You can use this cable to connect to the smart controller and you will only need one cable.
Amazon.com: DockCase USB C to USB C Cable 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps 100W 4K Video Data Transfer Charging Cable for MacBook Pro ThinkPad Yoga Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S8 S9 T5 LaCie SSD - 22cm: Gateway

If you plug it in and it does not work just unplug it and turn the connector over and it will work.
I have tried 5 different cables and the one in the link is the only one I found to work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803