DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tricky close focus

K

krakow_marcin

Today I decided to keep my Mavic close to the ground and I would like to ask for your support:
I had a lot of problems with correct focus - tried auto, tried manual - well, you can see the result is far from satisfactory. I had peaking turned on, but it's still not too precise tool.
Here goes my question then: Is it possible at all to get decently focused recordings while filming close subjects with this fixed depth of field? How to set the focus manually to still get acceptable picture during such flight?

Well if you set focus at 1m to have a depth effect you then need to fim stuff that has a main subject element at that distance. You didn't do that apart from the very first takeoff shot and somewhat at 1:03.
Might want to do lateral moves that keep the subject at a constant distance.

Well if you set focus at 1m to have a depth effect you then need to fim stuff that has a main subject element at that distance. You didn't do that apart from the very first takeoff shot and somewhat at 1:03.
Might want to do lateral moves that keep the subject at a constant distance.
Good point Kilrah, so there is not much I can do in case of progressive move then - things will constantly move quickly in and out of focus due to shallow depth of field...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie