DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trim software.

MavicKhan

Reactions
The video files from each single flight are enormous and can rapidly grow in our storage capacity.

From each flight, I might be interested in just 2 or 3 minutes of raw footage.

Is there any software you know of the simply let us cut the excess footage while keeping the exact same format, upon export, on the remaining usable part?

To be clear, I am not specifically talking about video editing software. I do have Resolve but if I edit clips there then I will have to make a definitive binding decision on a specific format, when finally rendering and exporting.

Thank you for any input.

MK

The video files from each single flight are enormous and can rapidly grow in our storage capacity.

Is there any software you know of the simply let us cut the excess footage while keeping the exact same format, upon export, on the remaining usable part?

To be clear, I am not specifically talking about video editing software. I do have Resolve but if I edit clips there then I will have to make a definitive binding decision on a specific format, when finally rendering and exporting.

Thank you for any input.

MK
If you have a Mac you can do this natively with the finder without having to re-encode. On a PC there are various 3rd party apps that can do this but which one works the best I’ll leave to someone else.

If you have Adobe Creative Cloud your best bet is Adobe Prelude

If you have a Mac you can do this natively with the finder without having to re-encode. On a PC there are various 3rd party apps that can do this but which one works the best I’ll leave to someone else.

If you have Adobe Creative Cloud your best bet is Adobe Prelude

Thank you for your reply.

I am a PC user on Windows 10.

I have the Adobe Creative Cloud and I installed the 7-day trial version of Prelude.

It just seems like a very basic video editor. Not quite what I need, as working on it is treated as a "project" (...same as in Resolve...) with no apparent functionality to save any clips in the original format.

MK

I have VSDC and I can save it as a 'project". Then I can export it in various formats.
HERE is a list of the various formats.

Reactions: MavicKhan
Thank you for your reply.

I am a PC user on Windows 10.

I have the Adobe Creative Cloud and I installed the 7-day trial version of Prelude.

It just seems like a very basic video editor. Not quite what I need, as working on it is treated as a "project" (...same as in Resolve...) with no apparent functionality to save any clips in the original format.

MK
There are easier free programs to use out there just google it. I just put it out there if you already had it. It’s not worth the cost if you aren’t paying for it for other reasons.

I found this one that looks promising.

You can pay $5 to download a Microsoft certified version from the Microsoft store or you can download the open source executable here:

I haven’t used this before as I have a Mac but it has good ratings on GitHub and I always prefer open source programs.

There are easier free programs to use out there just google it. I just put it out there if you already had it. It’s not worth the cost if you aren’t paying for it for other reasons.

I found this one that looks promising.

You can pay $5 to download a Microsoft certified version from the Microsoft store or you can download the open source executable here:

I haven’t used this before as I have a Mac but it has good ratings on GitHub and I always prefer open source programs.

Exactly what I needed.

Me and my storage space thank you :)

MK

Reactions: brett8883

Thank you for any input.

MK
I'm not sure why you just wouldn't save all of your footage or data and just deal with it in your editing program. Data storage these days is very cheap. I just bought a Seagate 5 TB portable hard drive from Costco for a reasonable amount of $. What am I missing?

I used to work with a tool called 'Instant Cutter', which is part of Filmora 9. Worked fine for me. You can download the free version of Filmora and use the Tool. The problem is that (at least at the moment) it does not support video .MPG-files in H265 format. Because of this reason I tried LosslessCut today. It cuts and exports H265, but the preview in the cutting window is really low res, and at opening the file you get the message, that this format is not fully supported.
So if you are not working in H265 you could give Filmoras Instant Cutter a try.

I'm not sure why you just wouldn't save all of your footage or data and just deal with it in your editing program. Data storage these days is very cheap. I just bought a Seagate 5 TB portable hard drive from Costco for a reasonable amount of $. What am I missing?
It also becomes a matter of organizing and being able to find the good clips. If there are only good clips then it’s no problem finding them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie