DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Triple Blade Propeller Vs. DJI Stock Double Blade Prop | (( MAVIC 2 ) PRO & ZOOM )

When we got the new Silent Props for the Phantom 4 we found them to be a lower tone and pitch with good flight characteristics , and they were a keeper.
So was hoping these new props would be the same but it appears that may not be the case, thanks for sharing.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting edge gear for your Mavic
Coal

When we got the new Silent Props for the Phantom 4 we found them to be a lower tone and pitch with good flight characteristics , and they were a keeper.
So was hoping these new props would be the same but it appears that may not be the case, thanks for sharing.

Phantomrain.org
Gear for you Mavic.

I was hoping for a much better overall quality, they really got me with their great marking, but unfortunately, the blades didn't achieve any of their claims. :confused: No problem, thanks for watching!

I added some quick links at the bottom, often times after market parts can be upgrades, it is worth looking into. There are many other factors I considered that could prevent DJI from having or wanting this design.

If lower noise and 40% flight time increase was on offer don’t you think DJi’s Engineering department would have realised it in the design?

Sorry to learn you got conned- you aren’t alone. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

I bought a set of these and decided to never use them I can’t see taking a chance of crashing my drone.

Reactions: TiagoDS
I agree, I don't plan on using them at all... Maybe if it was a $300 Drone but not on the Mavic 2...
so, pull the .DAT file from the device, open the one with old props, then one with 3 blade props and pls post the comparison of the per motor rpm and current value statistics during stable loiter with no horizontal movement.
it should provide all the data we need to know.

My experience with carbon fiber props whether 2 or 3 blades is they are unforgiving in what should be a crash that only damages the props, like inadvertently flying into shrubs. OEM props will plow in until they strike a branch thick enough to break the blade. Carbon fiber props, on the other hand, will also plow in but when they strike a thick enough branch, the blade(s) can remain intact and transfer the impact torque into the motor mount which can damage it. This happened to me with a Blade 350QX that I flew into a large Azalea bush. The resulting impact actually broke the motor mount off and left it dangling by the wires.

Nevertheless, I bought a set of tri-blade carbon fiber props for my M2Z just to try them out. They certainly sound different but I wouldn't say quieter. Hover RPM was a little higher but a straight-up full power climb out from a 6 foot hover was faster vs. the stock DJI props. It did seem more nimble but at a 100' hover there was some noticeable unsteadiness that was not seen with the stock props. It could be due to a balance issue(?) Flight time was pretty much the same, or at least not anywhere near the purported 40% increase.

After 4 flights I put them in my parts box where they have been ever since.

Watching this testing gave a very interesting insight to how accidents can happen. We often see the after effects of cut fingers and other injuries. It’s amazing to catch a glimpse of the before.

In regards to these 3 bladed props, there is zero benefit from them. The only thing that some might consider a positive, is that they look different than stock. In my mind, there is no benefit to using these over the stock DJI props.

For future reference to all, the more blades the less the aerodynamic efficiency. In theory one blade would be the most efficient but is not balanced. A 2 blade pro will therefore provide the most efficiency.
More blades, as you normally see in racing drones, will give a fractional increase in power at the expense of efficiency.

Reactions: Thomas B
I use MAS stealth props on my original mavic. Theyre not out yet for the mavic 2 but are coming.... they were fantastic on the original mp. The thing is, if youe worried dont risk a $1500 investment on something youre unsure about.... if you have doubts, stick with the stock props. DJI do not have the best customer service (understatement). Therefore if an accident occurs or the drone fails.... and youre not using DJI props.... theyre very fussy about it

Reactions: Thomas B and Astro1
So, i would add this - it is specifically for mavic 2 pro. It already runs 2 front motors very hot. Pushing them more with 3 blade props may end up too much for them. I would not do it. As of MAS - they are very good for planes, yes, but they are not really on the drones market. Planes have completely different priorities for props design.

Reactions: Thomas B and Astro1
So, i would add this - it is specifically for mavic 2 pro. It already runs 2 front motors very hot. Pushing them more with 3 blade props may end up too much for them. I would not do it. As of MAS - they are very good for planes, yes, but they are not really on the drones market. Planes have completely different priorities for props design.
I understand its for mavic 2 pro hence I mentioned the MAS props werent out yet. MAS make props for spark air and the orig mp.... theyre not triple blade but folding 2 blade... and theyre very highly rated. For the orig pro they were quieter and snappier than stock props. The m2p props will be out in just a few months.
I was just giving my own experience into 3rd party props.. I apologise for not making that very clear. I dont think triple blade are a good idea for the mavic 2 though, its a much heavier quadcopter than a racing drone.... it also flies much higher.. and stability would be affected.... and if the props are used, the mavic 2 gets into a crash or is affected in a way to lose control... there would be warranty issues as Im sure DJI wouldnt recommend them either
Most third party props on the market are lower quality than stock.... MAS are definately an exception

Reactions: Danr-62 and Astro1
Watching this testing gave a very interesting insight to how accidents can happen. We often see the after effects of cut fingers and other injuries. It’s amazing to catch a glimpse of the before.

In regards to these 3 bladed props, there is zero benefit from them. The only thing that some might consider a positive, is that they look different than stock. In my mind, there is no benefit to using these over the stock DJI props.

I agree! Thanks for the input!

My experience with carbon fiber props whether 2 or 3 blades is they are unforgiving in what should be a crash that only damages the props, like inadvertently flying into shrubs. OEM props will plow in until they strike a branch thick enough to break the blade. Carbon fiber props, on the other hand, will also plow in but when they strike a thick enough branch, the blade(s) can remain intact and transfer the impact torque into the motor mount which can damage it. This happened to me with a Blade 350QX that I flew into a large Azalea bush. The resulting impact actually broke the motor mount off and left it dangling by the wires.

Nevertheless, I bought a set of tri-blade carbon fiber props for my M2Z just to try them out. They certainly sound different but I wouldn't say quieter. Hover RPM was a little higher but a straight-up full power climb out from a 6 foot hover was faster vs. the stock DJI props. It did seem more nimble but at a 100' hover there was some noticeable unsteadiness that was not seen with the stock props. It could be due to a balance issue(?) Flight time was pretty much the same, or at least not anywhere near the purported 40% increase.

After 4 flights I put them in my parts box where they have been ever since.
Haha yah, I could see that happening for sure, I'm just going to stick to the stock DJI blades, I only see problems coming out of these other ones! Thanks for the input everyone! I guess 27 minute flights will have to do it for now :)

Reactions: ff22
Haha yah, I could see that happening for sure, I'm just going to stick to the stock DJI blades, I only see problems coming out of these other ones! Thanks for the input everyone! I guess 27 minute flights will have to do it for now :)
if you still have those .DAT files for tests you did - like i asked above - can you post those files here?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42