DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek 8 Tablet on Order

tibadoe

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Went ahead and pre ordered the Tripltek 8 Pro this weekend. Was going to use my iPad Mini 4 but after reading of some issues associated with using the DJI Fly app - I ditched the idea.

This will be my dedicated tablet for my Air 2S. Didn't realize how tough the regular phone screen size was on my eyes. Now that I got used to using the Mini 4 on my Spark - larger screen size is perfect for my situation.

So here is my question: Was thinking of going with the Hanatora Tablet Holder Mount. Some say you need a longer cable to connect with controller. For those that have this mount is it true? If so, how long of a cable is needed & what type connectors are needed on each end?

Finally, any brand cable better than others? Any to stay away from?

Thanks

Went ahead and pre ordered the Tripltek 8 Pro this weekend. Was going to use my iPad Mini 4 but after reading of some issues associated with using the DJI Fly app - I ditched the idea.

This will be my dedicated tablet for my Air 2S. Didn't realize how tough the regular phone screen size was on my eyes. Now that I got used to using the Mini 4 on my Spark - larger screen size is perfect for my situation.

So here is my question: Was thinking of going with the Hanatora Tablet Holder Mount. Some say you need a longer cable to connect with controller. For those that have this mount is it true? If so, how long of a cable is needed & what type connectors are needed on each end?

Thanks
I am using the Hantora mount, and it is the best solution, in my opinion, it is lightweight, the T8 fits perfectly, and quick to install.

For the T8 Pro you do not need a special cable, I am using this one https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora-Controller-Braided-Extension-Connector/dp/B089CQNF38

Reactions: cknipp and tibadoe
I am using the Hantora mount, and it is the best solution, in my opinion, it is lightweight, the T8 fits perfectly, and quick to install.

For the T8 Pro you do not need a special cable, I am using this one https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora-Controller-Braided-Extension-Connector/dp/B089CQNF38
Good to get some feedback about this mount. It worked it's way to the top of my list because it does not mount directly to or put any stress on the antenna. It may not really matter but I guess it won't hurt to not push it and find out the hard way.

Will most likely pick up the braided cable you linked.

Thanks
The Hanatora is not deep enough to fully grasp the Tripltek tablet (I tried). The best one by far is the mount from Lifthor with the Tripltek clamp. It holds it rock solid with just its bottom clamp. LifThor Baldur 2 for DJI Air2-Mini2-Mavic3 | LifThor Shop / TDW

Thanks
Check out the Orginaldobo minimal bracket. Cheap. Works great. Adds no bulk. And original cable just fits.

How do these controllers affect the range?
I fly my Air S2 with a SC but the controller that comes with the bird gives me better range that the $750 SC. Keep in mind the SC has features that are not found on the standard controller. It’s a matter of choices.

I think you will enjoy the Tripletek 8. I got one, and after some initial hardware issues, which they fixed, I'm really really enjoying it. The brightness is insane. And it is durable as promised. I have had a few drops with no damage. Plenty of CPU power for apps. Plenty of battery. in fact the battery is insane.

Did anyone experienced problems with disfunctional low-res video recording of the transmitted video signal in the tablet?

The recording of the video signal transmitted by the drone to the remote does not work. This function can be enabled in the DJI Fly App in the camera menu and is called "Cache when recording"

The issue is also described here

Last edited:
Interesting. I did not know about this issue or see that thread previously. I have an air 2s and will test with that drone and compare to the m3.

Well, I had it backwards. I first bought Lifthor Baldur 2 mount + XL Clamp specifically to mount the Tripltek 8 Pro right before ordering it. Then I backed up from buying the Tablet. This decision came after user reported choppy video playback issues that Tripltek could not solve. The video resolution in question was only 4k 60FPS. It should be able to play back the 5.4K resolution videos at this price point in my opinion. I don't have more recent update, but I hope they sorted it out already.

I researched about the SoC on the Tripltek 8 Pro & got confirmation from Tripltek that it is indeed a MediaTek Helio P70 chipset, this is one of the lower end SoCs that you can find in sub $200 category smartphones in my country. They probably went with this SoC due to its great power efficiency, resulting in that brilliantly bright LCD screen for longer hours of battery backup. But I was expecting a little more muscle power from an $800 tablet beside that excellent brightness.

So now I am stranded with the mount waiting for the Galaxy Tab S8 series to be released.

But I was expecting a little more muscle power from an $800 tablet beside that excellent brightness.
The main USP of the Tripltek 8 is the bright screen that still delivers even in high ambient temperatures. The DJI apps run fluently. The battery lasts very long and the device can take some beating. That are the pros.

Cons are:
- not a fast machine
- heavy (580 grams)
- poor speaker performance

It appears to be a very good match for drone pilots. It's not a good match for people that expect a premium product in all categories because of the hefty price. All in all the T8 is a niche product thats, likely to be manufactured in smaller quantities, the no 1 price booster in our hyper capitalistic world.

Last edited:
Check out the Orginaldobo minimal bracket. Cheap. Works great. Adds no bulk. And original cable just fits.
That Orginaldobo minimal bracket Is amazing. And under $20… really nice
Forgot to update my progress. Dec 4, 2020: This is the bracket I decided to go with. $15 and was at my door in a few days. Was easy to attach and no need to mess with it anymore - plus I won't' loose it!

Last edited:
Reactions: TxArch DroneGuy
Another update on my progress from Dec 29, 2020: Tablet arrived and survived the trip by UPS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada