Join Us Now

Tripltek as monitor with the DJI RC Pro

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Looking for a solution to enlarge the screen from the DJI RC Pro without go necessarily in tablet mode with the RC-N1 I just learned that the Tripltek has the ability to be use as monitor. Do anybody has tried this? I will like to mount this on the DJI RC Pro with the HDMI output.

I have Ipad Pro/Mini but nothing like the brightest in the sun like the RC Pro or Tripltek that is even 200 nits brighter than the RC Pro and even a bigger screen that is very important for me since I missed so many alligators after review my videos of my wildlife recordings because I was unable to identified because the small screen in my RC pro or SC.

tripeltek.jpg

Last edited:
I like your idea! Hopefully some action on this. I hate using my phone and really like the RC Pro (with limited experience).
That larger screen would be sweet but how would we mount it?

I tried this with the original smart controller and the lag was just to much,
Can someone let me know if the new RC Pro is doable with this setup. ?

There was some big quality differences in the white balance.for instance.
Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.38.47.jpg

Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.38.13.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Reactions: WyomingCB
My only concern will be the lag as well.

Here is the only mount that I can find that maybe with some adapters can work.

My only concern will be the lag as well.

Here is the only mount that I can find that maybe with some adapters can work.

Yes I have that one, it works really well and built solid , but I fear that lag is just going to be the killer of that setup as you already have lag on the Trip Monitor as it is.

Extra Lag would be a deal breaker I think. Supposedly one of the benefits of O3 and O3+ is faster transmission, I'd hate to go backwards.

Extra Lag would be a deal breaker I think. Supposedly one of the benefits of O3 and O3+ is faster transmission, I'd hate to go backwards.
The reviews on the Trip is that there is a lag and so it may not be the perfect setup .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

The lag is not related to the drone transmission to the controller. Is more the GPU transmitting over the HDMI that produce a bad latency. I just hope the new technology on the DJI RC Pro and the Tripltek will make this possible without lag. Someone need to test this because if works will be a hit.

Listed a few very low latency 6 & 7“ monitors at 2200 to 2600 NIT… twice the RCPro.

Reactions: bonzo
I have been using the super bright and low cost Feelworld 279S with my SC and my Mavic 2 Pro. I choose to have the Feelworld monitor, which is a 7 inch 2,200 NITS of brightness, showing only what the camera is seeing and all the flight info left on the SC. You can only choose to have the Feelworld mirro the SC screen if you wish. Lifthor make a mount for around $100 but I found a guy on ebay that does a 3D printed model that cost me $44 incld shipping. He still sells this mount.

It's a great combo and the Feelworld is connected to the SC via the HDMI port on each unit, so HDMI to HDMI. I bought my Feelworld 279s for $177 as an open box item on ebay but B&H sell them new for around $235. Look around on ebay and you could find them for even less money.

Reactions: bonzo and Dougcjohn
I think I'm going to go with Epson Moverio BT-40 plugged into USB-C on RC Pro, I heard that works.
Less space required, less weight, no glare, and can use with my phone as well. I really enoyed the old BT-300 just the processor was slow af.

The glasses use the power from the RC PRO USB-C instead of separate batteries.

I will wait until somebody try this before I made the purchase since I have too many devices purchased. I have an Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro 11, and 13. My only comment in the Tripltek is why is still android 10? Can be upgraded?

I think I'm going to go with Epson Moverio BT-40 plugged into USB-C on RC Pro, I heard that works.
Less space required, less weight, no glare, and can use with my phone as well. I really enoyed the old BT-300 just the processor was slow af.

The glasses use the power from the RC PRO USB-C instead of separate batteries.
I have the BT 35 Glasses setup... haven't used as intended.
Although it is much better than the BT300 android version.
The BT40 has a 1080 vs 720 resolution... nice little bump if Video outsource is above 720. Does the RC PRO USBC port support video out or needing to convert to the MiniHDMI port?

I purchased the BT35 HDMI Interface Module and use with my BT300 glasses, prefer the older frame model, Interface Module allows an HDMI shared source too.

For my use, I wear bi-focal glasses, and haven't found the Epson Glasses in daylight very functional, clipping the darker shade on helps but still find myself looking over the glasses since the overlay view doesnt provide a clear view of either view for me.

It does sound like the BT40 or BT40S has improved a bit... but the prism style lens that you look through I find difficult to freely watch drone & focus on projected screen image.

I will wait until somebody try this before I made the purchase since I have too many devices purchased. I have an Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro 11, and 13. My only comment in the Tripltek is why is still android 10? Can be upgraded?
The Tripltek OS upgrade will be slow to come. It supports the needed apps and these types of tablets aren't quick to upgrade from a functional OS and develope for new OS version.

The 8" is a great tablet, bright and very good performance.
But I'm not aware of it being used as a 2nd monitor screen.

I have been using the super bright and low cost Feelworld 279S with my SC and my Mavic 2 Pro. I choose to have the Feelworld monitor, which is a 7 inch 2,200 NITS of brightness, showing only what the camera is seeing and all the flight info left on the SC. You can only choose to have the Feelworld mirro the SC screen if you wish. Lifthor make a mount for around $100 but I found a guy on ebay that does a 3D printed model that cost me $44 incld shipping. He still sells this mount.

It's a great combo and the Feelworld is connected to the SC via the HDMI port on each unit, so HDMI to HDMI. I bought my Feelworld 279s for $177 as an open box item on ebay but B&H sell them new for around $235. Look around on ebay and you could find them for even less money.
I've been looking at both 279 and LUT7 7".... the LUT 7 is touch screen and a few more features... leaning towards it but very nice to read your positive comment.

How do you feel on screen latency... I understand practically not existing?

The Tripltek OS upgrade will be slow to come. It supports the needed apps and these types of tablets aren't quick to upgrade from a functional OS and develope for new OS version.

The 8" is a great tablet, bright and very good performance.
But I'm not aware of it being used as a 2nd monitor screen.
It works for me using a Lifthor bracket for the Tripltek. I have modified mine a bit as I use a tablet mount from a Secraft tray.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
For my use, I wear bi-focal glasses, and haven't found the Epson Glasses in daylight very functional, clipping the darker shade on helps but still find myself looking over the glasses since the overlay view doesnt provide a clear view of either view for me.

It does sound like the BT40 or BT40S has improved a bit... but the prism style lens that you look through I find difficult to freely watch drone & focus on projected screen image.
I just put small squares of electrical tape over the outside lenses, just where the "screen" view is. Gives me a good view in sunlight and peripheral to see everything else.

Regarding the USB-C video out on RC PRO to moverio bt-40, this fellow user says yes :)
link:
Epson Moverio BT-40

Reactions: Dougcjohn
It works for me using a Lifthor bracket for the Tripltek. I have modified mine a bit as I use a tablet mount from a Secraft tray.
How do you feel about the response on the Tripltek? do you feel any lag compared to the RC Pro monitor or are they both seen synchronized? Any noticeable lag?

Reactions: sancap
How do you feel about the response on the Tripltek? do you feel any lag compared to the RC Pro monitor or are they both seen synchronized? Any noticeable lag?
I am seeing a very small lag, not enough to disrupt flight or disorientate me.

I am seeing a very small lag, not enough to disrupt flight or disorientate me.
mmm... I appreciate you honestly. I really need to see how bad is.

Reactions: sancap
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest