DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek does NOT listen!

cedarfisher

Reactions
I have been fighting with Tripltek for the last 3 weeks on why my tablet is very glichy and freezes with using the DJI Fly app. They said the problem was my cable, even if I have been using the cable for the last year. I purchased three more cables and used with the adapter that came with my tablet and still the same awful results. Last week I downloaded Litchi Beta and now everything is smooth and works as it should. I even used my old cable and the three new cables i purchased with no issues. When I reported back to Tripltek with my results, they sent back another canned email saying there is no problem with the Fly app and the problem is my cable! I love the brightness of the Tripltek but the tech support is clueless and offers no help.

I have been using this monitor for the last month. Not the first problem. Have seen some on the board that have jerky video. Think it was an app that was running in the background that was giving them problems.

I reset tablet to factory and had nothing running in back ground with same results. I'm happy with Litchi as it does a lot more than DJI Fly app.

I had an issue yesterday with my tablet (pro) not connecting to the RC. Went through three cables before it would connect. Damm adapters, pain in the well let’s move on.
Regards

It is more than likely your cable. A good USB C to C is what you need. Adaptors can often cause problems.

I have a slate8 from sprint! the long asz Duracell cable (12ft ) works better than a fancy short 1 ft cable with a 90° bend . it also seems to be a bit more glitchy with distance . I will try to roll it up again, and put a big washer in it to make it a noise filter ? this is SO FRUSTRATING!

I use a Tripltek pro with the DJI fly app that I had to directly download from the DJI website itself. For me, I have no glitches whatsoever. It even works better than mine iPhone 12 max.

I have been fighting with Tripltek for the last 3 weeks on why my tablet is very glichy and freezes with using the DJI Fly app. They said the problem was my cable, even if I have been using the cable for the last year. I purchased three more cables and used with the adapter that came with my tablet and still the same awful results. Last week I downloaded Litchi Beta and now everything is smooth and works as it should. I even used my old cable and the three new cables i purchased with no issues. When I reported back to Tripltek with my results, they sent back another canned email saying there is no problem with the Fly app and the problem is my cable! I love the brightness of the Tripltek but the tech support is clueless and offers no help.
That's a shame. Many support techs just copy and paste without reading an entire email.

Tripltek pro here an no problem on the Fly app as well. It may be something with the processing since Litchy is a 32 bit software and DJI fly is 64 bit. That is why the Crystal sky is not able to run the fly app.

Might see if there is some benchmark software for android, and run it on yours and post some numbers. We can get some members here to compare results.

I have had run ins with Triplteck but for the most part they do listen and respond very fast compared to some other companies. The Tablet is built with the USB C female end offset from the case. This is why some people have a hard time getting cables to work. This could be a bad design flaw or on purpose to get us to buy their very over priced cables. Everything that is a add on is way over priced. Get yourself a good cable. I use Anker cables. Best in the market price. Now just shave off enough rubber on one end of the USB cable and it will slide in and make good contact to the tablet.
You don't need to be a engineer to see the problem. Sit down, have a coffee and look at the tablet female end. Most cables will not fit unless you modify the darn thing. Easy peasy.

I have been reading through a number of threads regarding the Tripltek
I am looking at the 7” Pro to use with MP, Air2 and Air2S.
Are there any problems loading the GO 4 and Fly apps and using it with both the MP controller and the Air2 controllers?
I am used to Apple products, using iPhone and IPad.
Wanting something with brighter screen
I live in Australia.
Cheers
Michael

I've used the 7 Pro and recently moved to the 8 Pro. Had connection issues with the 8 until I went through a few cables. Now, it connects each time to the Fly app, Litchi and Drone link with no issues.
Also, make sure the cable is firmly seated in the tablet as it is tight unless you use their adapter.

This one works well.

Hanatora Micro-AB to USB C 8.14... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SMQ4L97?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have been reading through a number of threads regarding the Tripltek
I am looking at the 7” Pro to use with MP, Air2 and Air2S.
Are there any problems loading the GO 4 and Fly apps and using it with both the MP controller and the Air2 controllers?
I am used to Apple products, using iPhone and IPad.
Wanting something with brighter screen
I live in Australia.
Cheers
Michael
I use the Triplteck with all my drones. No problem with the Go4, or Fly app

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
My first and only Tripltek is the 8 and when I first got mine, I had a defective sim/mem card tray in that when I would put in a sd chip, it would get physically damaged. Tripltek insisted it was me and I even had a few chuckles when they suggested I am inexperienced with Android devices. (Just sayin... I am not) and it finally took me shipping it to them so they could see for themselves. That finally got it resolved.

It is a small company trying to turn a profit on a hobby niche so I respect them for the hustle. And of course for sourcing the tablets, supporting the roms etc. I am confident I could do the same and get them much cheaper, but Tripltek has costs to make it worth their while.

All in all, I would buy from them again, just be aware that your mileage with support may vary. Hopefully any problems experienced can be shown to them in a picture or video so they do not jump to the script that implies you are the knucklehead. : )

Regarding the 8, the battery, display brightness, and durability are top notch! Android is still Android.. but the apps from the drone vendors work great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98