DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek or CrystalSky for Mini 2?

OldGuy

Reactions
I have both the Tripltek and CrystalSky Ultra tablets. Since I sold my M2Z the CrystalSky has been nothing more than a paper weight in my hobby room as it does not work with the Fly app and my Mini 2. This is due to the fact that the CS is 32 bit and not 64 bit and therefore not compatible with the DJI Fly app. However since the release of the SDK package Litchi which I purchased several years ago can now handle the CS so win win situation for me. Anyway yesterday I flew the Mini 2 from my favorite site using both the Tripltek and CS tablets. Surprise surprise the CS won hands down with it’s 2,000 nit screen which was really clear and bright. The Tripltek with it’s 1,200 nit screen was acceptable in the bright sunshine but the CS Ultra was excellent. I am really pleased that the CS has come into it’s own again thanks to the SDK package and Litchi.

I love the Crystal Sky but now only use the Triptek as it works for all drones and the CS has developed a grey bar on the left side of the screen that goes top to bottom. DJI wants $450 to fix it. So, it's just going to stay on the shelf.

I love the Crystal Sky but now only use the Triptek as it works for all drones and the CS has developed a grey bar on the left side of the screen that goes top to bottom. DJI wants $450 to fix it. So, it's just going to stay on the shelf.
Pity about that. I feel that I have rediscovered my CrystalSky and am pleased that I can use it again as it was an expensive bit of kit. The Tripltek is now my back up tablet.

Tripltek 8 for me. Love the cellular, the all-day and then some battery, the brightness, and at least has Android 10 and works with other apps quite nicely. It has been as bright as needed and a very heavy duty device.

Reactions: Transition
Tripltek 8 for me. Love the cellular, the all-day and then some battery, the brightness, and at least has Android 10 and works with other apps quite nicely. It has been as bright as needed and a very heavy duty device.
One step behind you.I use the Tripltek 7 pro,also a super tablet.

Reactions: TonyPHX
I have both the Tripltek and CrystalSky Ultra tablets. Since I sold my M2Z the CrystalSky has been nothing more than a paper weight in my hobby room as it does not work with the Fly app and my Mini 2. This is due to the fact that the CS is 32 bit and not 64 bit and therefore not compatible with the DJI Fly app. However since the release of the SDK package Litchi which I purchased several years ago can now handle the CS so win win situation for me. Anyway yesterday I flew the Mini 2 from my favorite site using both the Tripltek and CS tablets. Surprise surprise the CS won hands down with it’s 2,000 nit screen which was really clear and bright. The Tripltek with it’s 1,200 nit screen was acceptable in the bright sunshine but the CS Ultra was excellent. I am really pleased that the CS has come into it’s own again thanks to the SDK package and Litchi.
How do the 7.85 CS( with battery) and the Tripltek 8 Pro weights compare?

How do the 7.85 CS( with battery) and the Tripltek 8 Pro weights compare?
The CS with battery weighs 720 g (1.58 lbs.). The Tripltek weighs slightly less at 670 g or 1.47 lbs. The CS is about half an inch higher than the Tripltek so is a bit more wobbly when attached to the remote. For this reason when using either I usually sit in a folding chair. The screen on the CS is the brightest of the two but is older tech than the Tripltek so doesn't work with newer drones unless you are using an alternative app such as Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143