DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TriplTek Tablet, Finally a Solution

Stealth01

Reactions
Since purchasing my Mavic Air 2 I’ve looked for a better display to use when flying the drone. My iPhone 11 Pro worked OK but lacked real estate. I thought I had found a solution when I mounted my iPad Pro 11” (2018) on the controller. Unfortunately glare and the relatively dim (650 nits) display were less than effective. I invested in a Hoodman Sunshade (see first photo) but, even with the shade the display, when in full sunlight, was less than satisfactory. (Anyone looking for a new Hoodman Sunshade for an 11” iPad Pro?). Then I saw a post on the Tripltek Tablet. I purchased the 6GB “Standard Version” through Amazon (I could return it if I didn’t like it with Amazon). The Tablet arrived and I was impressed! It is housed in an impressive Military Grade case (the cases is 0.87” thick). The screen is bright, and I mean BRIGHT so no sunshade is required in full sunlight. Then I noticed the Tablet was running Android 9.0 not 8.1 per the spec sheet. I asked the company if there had been an upgrade and they said no, I had received the Pro model, thank you Amazon! I installed CPU-Z App and sure enough I have 9 Gigs of Ram and I’m running the faster processor. I loaded Android versions of DJI Fly, DJI GO4, B4UFLY, UAV Forecast, RMUS, Kittyhawk, Advisory, and Aviation Weather... They all run on the Tablet. The only “negative’ for me, running Android 9, it lacks a native screen recording capability, so I added AZ Screen Recorder App. I mounted the Tablet to the RC via a LifThor Baldur Mount. The mount positions the Tablet above the RC where it balances very well when flying (I also use a Liifthor neck strap with the mount). While flying and when doing numerous “ground tests“ with the System I have experienced zero issues or anomalies with the Tablet! The Tablet works well with the controller! Flying with this setup is nice... You have a screen you can see and read in full sunlight. The touch screen is responsive and the Tablet anti glare shield works well. I will say though, it does experience finger smudges, more so than the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector on the iPad! (BTW, the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector is hands down the BEST I’ve found for anti glare/smudge on your iPad or Tablet!). After using the Tripltek for 20+ flights and numerous ground tests I’m confident in its performance and frankly, I would highly recommend it for your drone application. One note, I’ve seen the chatter on SIM card compatibility with the Tablet. I can’t comment, I don’t use nor plan to use a SIM card in my Tablet.

Attachments

• 6D8FAEAC-B92A-4F00-9ACB-C6B4C600BDEA.jpeg
    6D8FAEAC-B92A-4F00-9ACB-C6B4C600BDEA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 241
  • 859ABF82-0A79-4B62-BE93-DCA3B7435F62.jpeg
    859ABF82-0A79-4B62-BE93-DCA3B7435F62.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 236
  • 12778DCE-CC44-40A1-95D4-E686D78BC6D4.jpeg
    12778DCE-CC44-40A1-95D4-E686D78BC6D4.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 239
  • 05531195-B449-4E69-A9D1-A67643567968.jpeg
    05531195-B449-4E69-A9D1-A67643567968.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 225
After using the Tripltek for 20+ flights and numerous ground tests I’m confident in its performance and frankly, I would highly recommend it for your drone application.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on the fence about purchasing it due to some of the recent chatter I've been reading but I have always been a wait and see type.

I'd like to physically see and hold it in a store somewhere as I have a tough time spending money on something that may or may not work, and then the hassle of sending something back.

Thanks again for sharing as I'll probably still purchase this tablet in the future.

What a bit of luck getting the Android 9 version by mistake.
i've had my standard version for several weeks now with no issues
either, fingers crossed. I love everything about this tablet so far especially
the ultra BRIGHT screen, like i say fingers crossed it continues ??
Since purchasing my Mavic Air 2 I’ve looked for a better display to use when flying the drone. My iPhone 11 Pro worked OK but lacked real estate. I thought I had found a solution when I mounted my iPad Pro 11” (2018) on the controller. Unfortunately glare and the relatively dim (650 nits) display were less than effective. I invested in a Hoodman Sunshade (see first photo) but, even with the shade the display, when in full sunlight, was less than satisfactory. (Anyone looking for a new Hoodman Sunshade for an 11” iPad Pro?). Then I saw a post on the Tripltek Tablet. I purchased the 6GB “Standard Version” through Amazon (I could return it if I didn’t like it with Amazon). The Tablet arrived and I was impressed! It is housed in an impressive Military Grade case (the cases is 0.87” thick). The screen is bright, and I mean BRIGHT so no sunshade is required in full sunlight. Then I noticed the Tablet was running Android 9.0 not 8.1 per the spec sheet. I asked the company if there had been an upgrade and they said no, I had received the Pro model, thank you Amazon! I installed CPU-Z App and sure enough I have 9 Gigs of Ram and I’m running the faster processor. I loaded Android versions of DJI Fly, DJI GO4, B4UFLY, UAV Forecast, RMUS, Kittyhawk, Advisory, and Aviation Weather... They all run on the Tablet. The only “negative’ for me, running Android 9, it lacks a native screen recording capability, so I added AZ Screen Recorder App. I mounted the Tablet to the RC via a LifThor Baldur Mount. The mount positions the Tablet above the RC where it balances very well when flying (I also use a Liifthor neck strap with the mount). While flying and when doing numerous “ground tests“ with the System I have experienced zero issues or anomalies with the Tablet! The Tablet works well with the controller! Flying with this setup is nice... You have a screen you can see and read in full sunlight. The touch screen is responsive and the Tablet anti glare shield works well. I will say though, it does experience finger smudges, more so than the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector on the iPad! (BTW, the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector is hands down the BEST I’ve found for anti glare/smudge on your iPad or Tablet!). After using the Tripltek for 20+ flights and numerous ground tests I’m confident in its performance and frankly, I would highly recommend it for your drone application. One note, I’ve seen the chatter on SIM card compatibility with the Tablet. I can’t comment, I don’t use nor plan to use a SIM card in my Tablet.

Which Amazon, precisely which model tablet and what was the price? Thanks
From the Amazon ad:

TRIPLTEK Tablet 7" High Brightness 1200 nits, 4G LTE Unlocked, 6GB/128GB, Android 8.1, 8 Core Processor, Long Battery Life 10000mah, Rugged Military Construction, Brightest Tablet on The Market.​

Price as listed was $599.00. Amazon is currently list as not available until 20 January.

One thing I was wondering is that Lag on the Smart Controller is noticeable, have you been able to compare the two ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
I fired up the drone and the controller/Tablet. The video lag is ”perceptible” but what I would call negligible. “Eyeballing“ the video I would estimate the lag to be ~0.2 seconds. It is certainly < 0.5 seconds! I can’t believe the lag would in anyway affect the operation/performance of the drone.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I’ve had my Tripltek (standard model) for almost three months now and so far so good. Like you I live in a place where the sun is really bright and normal screens around 450 NITS just don’t cut it. I also have a DJI CrystalSky Ultra with 2,000 NITS but it is not compatible with the DJI Fly app. which is a bit of a bummer!

Reactions: MA2 317
I, too, have been considering this tablet. My concern is that super thick case. I would want a thin solution. I would imagine that most mounts wouldn't fit that case? I may be selling my IPAD mini 5 for this.

Yes it has got a thick case but it seems to work with many mounts.
I've got a Mav Mount 4 and a PGYTECH and it works really well with both.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I, too, have been considering this tablet. My concern is that super thick case. I would want a thin solution. I would imagine that most mounts wouldn't fit that case? I may be selling my IPAD mini 5 for this.
The LifThor Bauldr fits it and there are several lower cost “snap in mounts” available for the Tablet. Personally, I would not trust the snap in mounts... The Tablet is heavy!

Reactions: MA2 317
The LifThor Bauldr fits it and there are several lower cost “snap in mounts” available for the Tablet. Personally, I would not trust the snap in mounts... The Tablet is heavy!

I checked out the holder from your first post and it looks well made and balanced. :)

Here's a link for others to check it out too.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I have read that the resolution is poor. Do you notice the lower resolution?
The resolution is 1280x720, which is less than Full HD (1920x1080), but is still a pretty good resolution for a screen that size. I have Samsung Tab Active2 with the same resolution and the DJI apps look just fine on them.

I’ve had my Tripltek (standard model) for almost three months now and so far so good. Like you I live in a place where the sun is really bright and normal screens around 450 NITS just don’t cut it. I also have a DJI CrystalSky Ultra with 2,000 NITS but it is not compatible with the DJI Fly app. which is a bit of a bummer!

The CS is compatible with the MM if you use Litchi installed via the Amazon app store. I use my Ultra to fly a MM.
The MA2 Litchi compatibility should come soon as DJI only released the SDK in Dec 2020.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian