DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek Tablet restarted mid flight

Merrillie

Reactions
In case anyone else has something similar happen... My Tripltek 8" Pro Tablet decided to do a reboot while my Mavic 3 drone was out over the water this morning taking photos, 17 minutes into the flight, which gave me a slight heart attack, luckily it had half a battery left and I left it hovering while the tablet and then the DJI Fly app restarted. DJI Fly resumed in flight mode and I kept a watchful eye ready to hit the RTH button but all was fine as I brought it back in.
It wasn't connected to internet/wifi and doesn't have a sim card so I have know idea why it did that although the tablet did have a firmware update last week as did the DJI Fly app.
I have done another update tonight and hope that it doesn't happen again. I have had the tablet since February and this is the first hiccup I have had with it.
Flight logs were funny - 2 seperate ones the second one starts with the drone out over the water.
Apparently I could also have just used the controllers sticks to bring it back as it was within my sight but I didn't think about that only thought about the RTH button if needed.
I did see a thread where other people were having issues last month but it has been closed unfortunately. I have reported this to Tripltek.

Apparently I could also have just used the controllers sticks to bring it back as it was within my sight but I didn't think about that only thought about the RTH button if needed
That's correct. The drone is flown with the remote controller, so it doesn't matter if DJI Fly and/or the tablet is running.

That's correct. The drone is flown with the remote controller, so it doesn't matter if DJI Fly and/or the tablet is running.
After 3 DJI drones, 442 flights and it is only the 2nd time I have had an issue. A year or so ago my Samsung phone lost service with the app, again whilst over water which is usually where I am flying and I used the RTH button. Still always learning :)

Reactions: msinger
I have had this happen a couple of times but I think it is the app failing, not the Tripltek. On air data it will show I have had two flights instead of one. The thing is to remember not to panic. There are some safeguards built in to coming home.

Contacting @TRIPLTEK was indeed the correct first step. I have used the Tripltek since v 7 and have had no problems. Keep us updated and as mentioned before, you still have control without the tablet and as @wardtom084 said, don't panic. I know that's hard to do but now you can think of all this and be prepared for other events that might come your way.

Good luck to you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000