DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod Mode vs Advanced Controller Settings

Barbara

Premium Pilot
Reactions
When you change parameters under the Advanced Controller Settings, such as Exp and Sensitivity, does this have any effect on the flight characteristics in Tripod Mode? It doesn't say anything about it in the manuals, and haven't yet had the opportunity to experiment outside on my own. (weather has been windy and rainy for days now)

once you have set the expo curve for your sticks ,then in tripod mode , everything is slowed down,all the response parameters are damped in tripod anyway, so those settings are preprogrammed ,and whatever settings that you have set are overridden

once you have set the expo curve for your sticks ,then in tripod mode , everything is slowed down,all the response parameters are damped in tripod anyway, so those settings are preprogrammed ,and whatever settings that you have set are overridden
That's what I would expect. I know tripod mode slows everything down to help make videos smoother. I never seem to remember to use it though for some reason. On the Spark, which I've been flying for a couple of years, you had to access tripod mode through the GO 4 App. Having a hardware switch should make it easier to access.

I wonder, how many people use Tripod mode on the Mavics?

That's what I would expect. I know tripod mode slows everything down to help make videos smoother. I never seem to remember to use it though for some reason. On the Spark, which I've been flying for a couple of years, you had to access tripod mode through the GO 4 App. Having a hardware switch should make it easier to access.

I wonder, how many people use Tripod mode on the Mavics?
before i had my MM i often used Tripod mode for slow ,low flying in woodland ,with the RTH signal loss set at hover, it is very very slow and easy to control the drone in Tripod mode ,the biggest drawback for me was that in that sort of confined flying, i was very conscious of the fact that i was flying an expensive drone in far from ideal conditions ,with all the issues of a collision,the MM on the other hand is much more fun to fly that way in cini mode, and is now the drone i use for such flying ,in some respects ,using tripod mode outdoors,can present its own problems,as it really does fly very very slowly ,and things take a while to happen ,cini mode in the MM is much better in that respect as it slows the yaw down considerably ,but its still possible to fly in the other directions with a reasonable turn of speed

Reactions: zeusfl and Barbara
before i had my MM i often used Tripod mode for slow ,low flying in woodland ,with the RTH signal loss set at hover, it is very very slow and easy to control the drone in Tripod mode ,the biggest drawback for me was that in that sort of confined flying, i was very conscious of the fact that i was flying an expensive drone in far from ideal conditions ,with all the issues of a collision,the MM on the other hand is much more fun to fly that way in cini mode, and is now the drone i use for such flying ,in some respects ,using tripod mode outdoors,can present its own problems,as it really does fly very very slowly ,and things take a while to happen ,cini mode in the MM is much better in that respect as it slows the yaw down considerably ,but its still possible to fly in the other directions with a reasonable turn of speed
Cini made, sounds like the adjustments I made in the settings. But only for yaw and gimbal pitch cause there's no easy/quick way to go back to default. Anyway, If the weather ever dries up I may get a chance to get back out and experiment a bit more.

Can't remember if it's the air 2 or the pro 2 but on one of them a little tripod icon comes up toward the middle of the screen and you can click on it and make some adjustments to that mode. I use both position mode and tripod mode. Depends on the shot, the area covered and the distance from subject. I just watch and see what I like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7