DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble Connecting Controller, Mavic, and DJI Go 4 App

Zack Schnepf

Reactions
First post. I just got my Mavic last week. I absolutely love it, but I'm having a few issues I'm hoping to get help with. When I first turn on the controller, Mavic, and start the DJI GO 4 app, it won't always connect. I end up having to do the process several times to get everything to talk to each other correctly. Also, I have had several disconnects while flying. The drone will be unresponsive for around 30 seconds, luckily it will just hover there, but it is concerning to me. It usually regains connection and will operate normally after that. Any ideas on how to get everything to connect more reliably?

One other issue I'm having, sometimes after everything connects (I always wait till I have a good GPS signal) I'll take off and it acts as if it's in beginner mode even though it's not. It will tether and not let me fly further than 100 feet or so. I have to land and re-initialize everything to reset it. It's happened a few times already. I have the newest firmware, and most recent version of the DJI Go 4 app. Is anyone else having this issue?

My theory is most, if not all of this is caused by the App. I could be wrong, but that is the sense I get. I love this drone, but I do wish it was a little more reliable. When everything is working it's a joy!

Disable bluetooth and enable airplane mode on phone before starting anything else. I was having the same sort of disconnect issues while I was on vacation in Martinique. I posted to the forum and was given that recommendation which worked for me. BTW I am flying MP with latest FW, latest app, and running on Pixel 2 XL with Oreo

Disable bluetooth and enable airplane mode on phone before starting anything else. I was having the same sort of disconnect issues while I was on vacation in Martinique. I posted to the forum and was given that recommendation which worked for me. BTW I am flying MP with latest FW, latest app, and running on Pixel 2 XL with Oreo
Thanks, I'll give that a try today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98