DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble Connecting to Mavic Pro then Activating Drone

Rik

Reactions
I recently sent my Mavic Pro to Texas to have it repaired by DJI.

Went through the process and it returned like a week later..

Put the battery in it and the sim card, mounted the propellers and turned on the controller, Iphone, loaded the DJI4 app, and turned on the drone.

No connection... Waited and waited and waited... Noticed the rear of the drone was blinking rapidly with a yellow light... Learned that this means the controller and the drone are not communicating with each other..

Raised the little cover, turned the slide to RC, and went through the steps to get the binding process started..... ... .. . Well it timed out.. Tried again and it timed out again.

Searched Google.. There's more than one way to bind them so I pushed the buttons on the controller and I actually got it to bind. GREAT!!

Camera view appears on my phone and then it immediately request me to activate the drone..

Ok.. go through the steps and screens and at the last screen I push the blue button and it just sits there and sits there and sits there.. Changes from blue to gray but never completes the activation.. Try it again and again and again... Same thing.. It just sticks on the "confirm your account" page and will not go forward to complete the process.

Now one more bit of information.. The drone I sent in had a bent gimbal and that was the extent of the damage.. The drone I received back however was a different drone all together. Different serial # but same Mavic Pro Drone.. I thought maybe this drone had already been activated so I called DJI and they said this Mavic has never been activated.. Try again..

Well try as I may I cannot get this thing to activate and thus I cannot use the drone.

Any thoughts? DJI offered to send me a YouTube link on how to bind the units but after 1 hr I still have not received the email...

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 22
Figured it out..

Apparently being without the drone for 1.5 weeks I became disconnected with the app.. Logged in and I was able to complete the activation.

Well maybe I spoke to soon..

It's activated and it flew once for a shake down but now it doesn't connect... ???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000