DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble importing pictures from Micro SD card to iPad pro

judell

Reactions
up until today I had no problems importing movies and pictures. Today I took some quick shots. Plugged Anker SD card reader into USB port on iPad Pro. Photos App didnt recognize anything new. Files App found the pictures but no option to import.
Any suggestions. Using SanDisk 1128 GB card I purchased from DJI with my mini.
Thanks for any ideas as to what happened. I’m hoping to take some kool movies of my grandsons wedding with my drone but I’m worried they wont be transferable off of the sad card after.

up until today I had no problems importing movies and pictures. Today i took some quick shots. Plugged anger SD card reader into USB port on iPad Pro. Photos App didnt recognize anything new. Files App found the pictures but no option to import.
Any suggestions. Using SanDisk 1128 GB card I purchased from DJI with my mini.
Thanks for any ideas as to what happened. I’m hoping to take some kool movies of my grandsons wedding with my drone but I’m worried they wont be transferable off of the sad card after.

Are you able to see the pictures and videos in the Fly app? I will don't mess again with the iPad i will transfer that in to a PC or Mac. If is very important pictures and videos.

Have you upgraded the IOS recently?

Are you able to see the pictures and videos in the Fly app? I will don't mess again with the iPad i will transfer that in to a PC or Mac. If is very important pictures and videos.

Have you upgraded the IOS recently?
I think the IOS just upgraded recently. Yes can see them in the Fly app

So you’re suggesting I do an update? My iPad under general just says 14.(18a473). Thanks!

Me....wasn’t suggesting anything just showing the new version # and
see 14.2 is out in Beta.
I never dump my card in my iPad only iMac. No idea what your issue is but don’t think it’s the version if you hadn’t had issues before.
Maybe try another reader. ?‍♂️

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks. I’ll go to Best Buy tomorrow and get a reader for my iMac. The USB port on the iPad Pro is different than on my iMac. Will give it a shot. Just dont understand what happened.
can you go back to the old IOS?

so I should update?
when I look on my IPad it just says 14.0
Buddy I can’t advise you to update or not. The new update just popped up the other nite and seems fine to me so far. Seems it
shows up in different places days apart.
Thanks. I’ll go to Best Buy tomorrow and get a reader for my iMac. The USB port on the iPad Pro is different than on my iMac. Will give it a shot. Just dont understand what happened.
can you go back to the old IOS?
I have never tryed to rollback on my iPad but have on my Mac. I do
believe you can if not someone will correct me.

I would try the weakest link before I did anything. That being the reader.

Just updated To14.0.1. Same result
:-(.
Off to Best Buy tomorrow
Thanks for trying.
Will see where that takes me.
Stay safe and well

Reactions: dirkclod
Just updated To14.0.1. Same result
:-(.
Off to Best Buy tomorrow
Thanks for trying.
Will see where that takes me.
Stay safe and well
Do post back with how it goes. ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Just checked the fly app Without controller connected. videos not there. Weird
Well that sounds like maybe you have a setting switched off. What
i don’t know. Never had to troubleshoot your issue. Bet your card is empty also.

Just checked the fly app Without controller connected. videos not there. Weird
Make sure you have cache while recording on.
F0464253-58DA-4186-A9AB-7180AD25A2C0.png That would explain that.

In iOS 14, the “import” button doesn’t appear anymore at the bottom of the screen like it did in previous versions. I don’t have my iPad with me now but there is a button in the upper left corner that you push to bring up a list of all folders. When a card reader is connected, one of those folders will be call “unnamed”. That’s your card reader. Click on it and then the import process is the same as it previously was.

Plugged it into my iMac.
same result.
How do I reset things back to factory settings?
Perhaps I flipped a switch in error.
Thanks

You can download directly while still connected to the drone using the Fly app. Pictures transfer quite quickly while videos can take MINUTES. You are using the battery all during the transfer.

Mini-Download Pics.jpgMini-Download Pics.jpg

This works only with JPG pictures in the MA2. No row pictures can be downloaded in that method.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98