DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble: Mavic Pro - Controller binding (and staying binded) to the Drone.

Dex1Atl

Reactions
Drone: DJI Mavic Pro (original)

Over the two months+ I have had problems with the Controller connecting (binding) and/or staying connected to the Drone. All the most recent firmware upgrades have been performed. YouTube videos have suggested that it is a defective cable but I have used different cables (that I know work for other purposes) as well as both the mini-USB (normal mini-USB controller connection point) and the regular (full size USB controller connection point) with various cables. I am using my iPhone7 as the screen which I used previously. The phone and the controller connect with no problems. I have tried the two different binding procedures and seem to have more success with the one where you push "C1,C2, and video button" in RC mode and then at the beep push the photo button. I even tried the one where you scan the bar code on the leg and input the PW. I have not gotten the scanning approach to work at all. The password is right there on the leg but the system keeps saying "wrong password". Will also call DJI support but I am in hopes that someone on this forum has experience with this problem and has a solution.

Would love any suggestions as this has gotten very frustrating and now I don't fly my drone more than about 50 feet (basically my back yard) for fear that I will lose connection (and thus control of the drone). I am also looking to see if there is a shop in Atlanta that can look at my drone and diagnose the issue.

Dex1Atl

By the way...I am able to connect and fly using my phone but that is not what I want. I want to be able to use the included Controller. I just looked on the DJI Forum and this is not a new issue. I have gone through numerous postings and so far have found none that identified a solution. Not good news. Almost all believe it to be an issue with the Controller itself and many think it results from a failed update. I did have a failed update to the Drone itself which I was able to connect later and complete. Still open to any thoughts anyone on this Forum might have. Looks like I may have to send it in to DJI.

By the way...I am able to connect and fly using my phone but that is not what I want. I want to be able to use the included Controller.
Sounds like you have the WiFi / RC switch on the aircraft set to WiFi then.

Reactions: Rnl
Sounds like you have the WiFi / RC switch on the aircraft set to WiFi then.

Thanks and yes initially "I was forgetting" to move the switch to RC and thought that was the real problem but I have now attempted the process many-many times (starting from scratch by turning everything off and back to normal) and I have now gotten in the habit of checking to make sure I am in RC mode when I go to bind. When I do get it to bind it only lasts for a short period and then the controller loses connection with the Drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929