DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble saving photos

Kjmcfly

Reactions
Hey folks,

I have recently been having trouble, my drone wont save photos that i take. I have no problems with video, just with photos, sometimes it saves them but take ages to save in my gallery and when i check the editor in the app they are not there.

I. Using a samsung s9 if that helps.

Tia

Hi Tia, you might have to advise what model Mavic you have, some are different in ways they can store video / photos on the aircraft / microSD.

I take it they are not only missing when using DJI Editor, but missing if you are in Play mode, view gallery, or try and wifi download, cable download, or pull the microSD card to view in a desktop computer or laptop ?

In DJI Editor, you have to look in the photos or view all folder options to see photos of course, and you can possibly only download DNG photos (if applicable to your drone) via the microSD card (possibly cable too, I'm not 100% sure).

When using photos saved to your device photos folder or other file locations, you must click local as a source for images / video for editing.

I have recently been having trouble, my drone wont save photos that i take. I have no problems with video, just with photos, sometimes it saves them but take ages to save in my gallery and when i check the editor in the app they are not there.
What matters is: Are the image files on your SD card?
That's where they should be.

Last edited:
Hi Tia, you might have to advise what model Mavic you have, some are different in ways they can store video / photos on the aircraft / microSD.

I take it they are not only missing when using DJI Editor, but missing if you are in Play mode, view gallery, or try and wifi download, cable download, or pull the microSD card to view in a desktop computer or laptop ?

In DJI Editor, you have to look in the photos or view all folder options to see photos of course, and you can possibly only download DNG photos (if applicable to your drone) via the microSD card (possibly cable too, I'm not 100% sure).

When using photos saved to your device photos folder or other file locations, you must click local as a source for images / video for editing.

Using a mavic pro 2 mate

Ok so you have the 8gb internal storage too, which could store a reasonable amount of photos.
Question is do you have a compatible microSD in the M2P, is it ok, not faulty, and if there is an option in settings, what is this set to record to.

It could be a problem with the photo processing in the drone, not sure if there is any way to tell this, probably not from any flight data kept.
You say you "have recently been having trouble" with this, so it worked fine up until recently, and how long has it been ok ?

So i have had the drone for about a year, i have only had these problems the last few flights. I have a compatible 64g sd in there and jave tried others, so i am at a loss.

sometimes it saves them but take ages to save in my gallery and when i check the editor in the app they are not there.

Ok so assuming you are talking about the DJI Editor in the Go4 app ?
Are you editing the photos into video in the editor ?
This is the only thing I do with photos in the DJI editor (or iMovie if I'm using this sometimes), this part of Go4 makes videos, no photo editing afaik (haven't ever tried or looked).

You are downloading the video and / or photos to the device photo album ?
As mentioned, you must select 'local' as source in the editor when selecting clips and photos.

You will only download jpegs if using wifi transfer . . . if you have camera set to take jpeg and dng files, but jpg is fine for video input.
Editing photos in another app and wanting to use dng raw photos, you need to download from the microSD card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes