DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with seeing text in glasses solved.

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a couple of years of constantly moving the glasses around the bridge of my nose to read the text on the glasses screen until last week. By accident I forgot to put my old prescription glasses on before the Moverio glasses. Opps, I could read the text almost perfectly. So now I never use my prescription glasses just stick the Moverio straight on.
Years of struggle solved when the answer was "right in front of my eyes."
So just in case you having the same problem and you wear prescription glasses try the BT-300s without your prescription ones.
And I don't feel stupid! ;)

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Thats a little random ?

Glad you solved the issue :)

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Are those prescription glasses for reading? If so you should expect to see better in the moverios without them. The image appears as a projection out in front of the glasses, not right in front of your eyes. It doesn’t make sense I know but it is how it is. If you had a prescription to distance vision correction it would be a different story.

Reactions: Bill combs
Are those prescription glasses for reading? If so you should expect to see better in the moverios without them. The image appears as a projection out in front of the glasses, not right in front of your eyes. It doesn’t make sense I know but it is how it is. If you had a prescription to distance vision correction it would be a different story.
I have a couple of years of constantly moving the glasses around the bridge of my nose to read the text on the glasses screen until last week. By accident I forgot to put my old prescription glasses on before the Moverio glasses. Opps, I could read the text almost perfectly. So now I never use my prescription glasses just stick the Moverio straight on.
So just in case you having the same problem and you wear prescription glasses try the BT-300s without your prescription ones.
i have the epson bt-300 and have to wear my prescription glasses with them or else i see a blur but when i wear my dji goggles both white and black i can take my glasses off and see very well?

i have the epson bt-300 and have to wear my prescription glasses with them or else i see a blur but when i wear my dji goggles both white and black i can take my glasses off and see very well?
To add some relevance here it would be helpful to learn if your prescription is for distance vision correction. If so it is what should be expected. I’m that case I would be asking your optometrist to supply lenses to fit the frames supplied with the BT-300’s.

My prescription glasses are mainly for short, reading distance. But the upper half of the glasses improve my long distance a little. It would be expensive for me to get another pair that would fit in the BT provided frames. Up till now I have just been using an old pair of prescription glasses.
But as I said without any glasses I can see all of the details via the BTs.
The reason I posted was in case there was someone in a similar situation that I was in and were having difficulty seeing all the detail of the projection. If so, it could be worth a try to just use the BT-300.

To add some relevance here it would be helpful to learn if your prescription is for distance vision correction. If so it is what should be expected. I’m that case I would be asking your optometrist to supply lenses to fit the frames supplied with the BT-300’s.
the relevance is plainly stated im short-sighted and yet have to wear glasses with my new epson glasses but not needed when i use the dji goggles white and black,the distance from the image seems to be the same but thinking back the image in the dji goggles could be larger,i have a question unrelated to the prescription glasses have you had any issues with your moverio glasses having lagging issues? also the android device getting hot?

the relevance is plainly stated im short-sighted and yet have to wear glasses with my new epson glasses but not needed when i use the dji goggles white and black,the distance from the image seems to be the same but thinking back the image in the dji goggles could be larger,i have a question unrelated to the prescription glasses have you had any issues with your moverio glasses having lagging issues? also the android device getting hot?
Ok so the important observation here is that you are short sighted- you should expect to need your glasses with the moverio and not the DJI goggles.

No on both counts. I don’t fly in hot conditions with them though.

If you have all the updates you can fly in hot, humid and still conditions. But if all 3 are present, only then, should you have issues. Even then you can rest the BT r/c to cool down, eg in a cooler bag and use your phone for a bit.
The glasses overheating issue has come on leaps and bounds. Massive difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580