DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to edit to the music

Pixies channel

Reactions
So, I have tried to make a film in tune with the music, I'm asking you guys how often to cut to the music. I edited this on kinemaster on my phone which I find a little easier to edit with then on the laptop. Any feedback will be welcome. Also, this was a little rushed as it was about to rain.

Reactions: Dronage
I remember reading that after about 4 seconds people tend to lose interest in what they are watching. Since the music is in Common Time, I would count to 8 with the music, and then start at 1 again. Editing when the beat hits 1 would make it the most pleasant for the person watching.

Hope that made sense, it's been awhile since I've taken music appreciation!

Reactions: Dronage
I have absolutely no idea how you would do it on a phone - or why you would even try! OK, I'm old and don't do phones. My kids live on them though.

I do cut drone video to music, but I use Premiere Pro. That's a personal preference and there are other PC based programs that will do it equally well and a lot cheaper. My technique is to have the music track at the bottom, and a jumble of shot's I'd like to use loaded up. If you zoom into the waveform on the music track you can see where the beats are, so you can then move and cut the video to sync with it. This is no doubt true of all other PC based programs.

As to how often to cut - I think that depends on the pace you want to set with the film. Your sample above the pace was OK, but not cut in sync with the music. .

I honestly think that what you want to do can't be achieved on a phone with any degree of success.

Reactions: Rudolphharmon
This is a PERSONAL opinion but after 1 or 2 cuts I get very distracted when the video cuts with the music. I end up spending my thought processes "anticipating" the transition rather than enjoy the content.

Reactions: Thomas B
This is a PERSONAL opinion but after 1 or 2 cuts I get very distracted when the video cuts with the music. I end up spending my thought processes "anticipating" the transition rather than enjoy the content.
I see your point. But it sort of looks a bit ragged and slung together if you don't!

Maybe I'm a bit OCD.

I see your point. But it sort of looks a bit ragged and slung together if you don't!

Maybe I'm a bit OCD.
It's just my 2-cents. I'm sure many people like the transition to the beat but my ADD gets kicked into high gear when I notice it and the rest of the clip is lost on me. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo