DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to view motor speed stats

kjmasson

Reactions
Hi Folks,

I damaged my right props back on May 24th and I'm trying to see the difference in motor speeds before and after I changed the props.
I lightly sanded the damaged props to smooth out where the slight damage was (and sanded the opposite prop for balance). However, I realized I have no way of determining proper balance between both sides so after a short hover test (May 24), I decided to swap out my props for a new set. (May 25)
I am really curious to see the difference in motor speeds.

This is where my issue lies. I'm using a mac and I've downloaded all the logs files, but between the TXT log files and the a CSV converter, there's some sort of breakdown of the file conversion and I get an error every time I use CSVView.

I've spend a couple hours trying to get this working (for future use as well) but I think I'm out of luck.

Is there any chance someone might want to take these files and convert them/spit out graphs for me so I can see the change of motor speeds between flights.

Logs are here:
2 Flight Logs

Thanks for your time. :)
KJ

Is it not the DAT files from the phone that you want rather than the txt files? My txt files do not yield motor speed graphics whereas my DAT files do.

This is where my issue lies. I'm using a mac and I've downloaded all the logs files, but between the TXT log files and the a CSV converter, there's some sort of breakdown of the file conversion and I get an error every time I use CSVView.

Are you using TXTlogToCSVtoolMM instead of TXTlogToCSVtool or TXTlogToCSVtool-exp?

And, as @PhiliusFoggg pointed out the .DAT will have the motor data whereas the .txt does not.

Is it not the DAT files from the phone that you want rather than the txt files? My txt files do not yield motor speed graphics whereas my DAT files do.

Ahh.. correct.. and my MCDatFlightRecords folder is empty. :-(
I read that the files are removed once the app syncs logs with DJI so I suppose I'm out of luck.

BudWalker, Perhaps I was using the wrong tool and I think maybe was barking up the wrong tree anyway if it doesn't contain motor data.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Ah I don't sync my stuff. Don't like the idea of it "being out there" lol. Can you switch sync'ing off and fly a flight to generate a new DAT file?
I have seen an in still air, fully automated lift off, hover and landing, suggested as being the best sort of flight for comparison purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I uploaded a DAT file from this morning's short indoor flight to my dropbox.

EDIT: Got it working... Too bad I don't have the logs from the before prop replacement to compare. That being said. Looks like my front left motor is working a bit harder.
Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 10.17.38 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BudWalker
I uploaded a DAT file from this morning's short indoor flight to my dropbox.

EDIT: Got it working... Too bad I don't have the logs from the before prop replacement to compare. That being said. Looks like my front left motor is working a bit harder.
View attachment 103163
You might want to use the Copy to System Clipboard feature.
1590937150338.png
After that just type Ctrl-V in the post you're doing. Using this will include the Legends Bar.
1590937205179.png

Reactions: kjmasson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60