DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turn off auto landing?

hidaven

Reactions
Is there any way to turn off that final 2-3'feet of slowed auto decent? Not that I mind, but it's a little un nerving not having final control. Makes me nervous if I'm over water or such that I don't get too close and force an auto land in the water.....I switched it into sport mode and it still did it with the sensors supposedly off.

You need to turn off the following setting if you want to manually land:

DJI-GO.jpg

Your Mavic isn't going to be as stable with that setting disabled though.

Thanks for the quick reply. I love the feature and would only turn it off as a safety precaution if I were flying low over water. Question though, shouldn't switching into sport mode turn these nanny settings off as described in the manual?......Thanks for the snap shot pal. : )

if its a worry that you might accidentally slide the auto-landing option across on the screen when flying low over water, wouldn't it also be a worry that you could accidentally fly too low and touch the water without the sensors turned on?

Thanks for the quick reply. I love the feature and would only turn it off as a safety precaution if I were flying low over water. Question though, shouldn't switching into sport mode turn these nanny settings off as described in the manual?......Thanks for the snap shot pal. : )
Sport mode only turns off forward obstacle avoidance.

if its a worry that you might accidentally slide the auto-landing option across on the screen when flying low over water, wouldn't it also be a worry that you could accidentally fly too low and touch the water without the sensors turned on?

With the P3P's, I've read posts where they've recommended to turn off the vision position sensors because the water could throw them off. Is this true for the Mavic as well?

I forgot to mention that I've turned off my VSP on my P3P ever since then (almost a year ago) and still fly it without VSP and haven't had any problems.

For now, I'll leave the VSP on on my Mavic...but may turn them off later.

With the P3P's, I've read posts where they've recommended to turn off the vision position sensors because the water could throw them off. Is this true for the Mavic as well?
The downward sensors are only effective when the Mavic is below an altitude of 42 feet. If flying above that altitude when over water, you shouldn't have a problem.

I flew my P3a low over water a lot, and never bothered turning vps off, never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yep, you're certainly not doomed if you fly low over water. You just need to be aware that it affects the accuracy of the sensors.

Have seen a video today on Youtube from a guy who was discussing the new features of P4 Pro. He mentioned that this craft has a water detection capability and won't land on water, e.g. in the final steps of a RTH. Would be nice if theiy will add this feature to Mavic, too.

Have seen a video today on Youtube from a guy who was discussing the new features of P4 Pro. He mentioned that this craft has a water detection capability and won't land on water, e.g. in the final steps of a RTH. Would be nice if theiy will add this feature to Mavic, too.
It certainly will 'land' on water if critical battery level is reached during RTH-:p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112