DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

turning off object avoidance with Litchi

Crchisholm

Reactions
Is there a way to turn off object avoidance in Litchi. I can't seem to find it (but then, my wifes says "no surprise there"). The other day I was flying sideways (in spite of the fact I have told others not to do that) and I found myself in the branches of a tree without having touched anything. I flew through the only hole that I could have without crashing. My dilemma then was when I tried to fly back out through the same hole, object avoidance would not allow it. At that point, if I could have found a way to turn off the obj avoidance I could have flown out with no problem. When I couldn't, I tried to go up (looked like a bigger hole above) and that was the end of that flight.

here's the video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/c5VDSUhsFjllJUY63

I've been looking but I don't see a way to turn it off in Litchi. Anyone?

Reactions: Budmancan
Should have just gone left again without touching anything else, that path was obviously clear since you got in through it...
Or switched to the GO app if you really wanted to have OA off and couldn't find in Litchi.

Not a litchi user so can't help on the original question.

So you flew into this "hole" backwards or sideways, turned and then wanted to fly out forward but the collision avoidance kicked in and would not allow you to move forward.

You can change to Sport mode and collision avoidance turns off.

However, I'd recommend that you leave it on normally as I think it will help you with your flights. There is simply no reason to fly backward or sideways into a tree.

Reactions: Rbruz
Yep. It was dumb. I like to get long pans so was practicing, but unfortunately, I lost site of the Mavic just long enough to wind up in that tree. Good lesson, I guess in the end.

Sport mode is a good suggestion, I didn't think of that.

I respectively disagree with "no reason to fly backwards or sideways" but certainly think that extreme caution and visibility are required, neither one of which did I use.

Shows the OA settings at the 5 minute mark in this video for IOS but not sure about if using Android . I'd have to check later cause I don't have my phone handy .

Well boy is my face red. Not sure why I couldn't find it when I needed it. Probobly in the heat of the moment, I was looking for "object" avoidance rather than "collision" avoidance. I sometimes have tunnel vision. I think a lot more practice is called for.

Thanks.

Reactions: pbzpln
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser