DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

turning off sensors

Dave Holloway

Reactions
hi, can some one tell me please is it ok to turn off sensors in the settings to be able to fly it inside the house, mavic air . so it will stop beeping at every thing close, while learning to use it, all new to this , just trying to get used to it before taking it out in the open , thank you.

Last edited:
Don’t have my MA2 yet, but have a MA. So, you want turn off your sensors and fly indoors where you will have very little, if any GPS signals? I don’t think this would be such a good idea!

Reactions: old man mavic
flying inside is a recepie for disaster; save yourself an expensive mistake.

Agreed. I’ve been flying UAV’s for 6 years and I would encourage not flying inside. Wait until you can get yourself to a large open area away from objects and people. Good luck.

Unlike DJI Go 4 with the original Mavic Air, I haven't found a way to disable the beeping with the proximity sensors on the Mavic Air 2 and the DJI Fly app. It seems like even if you disable obstacle avoidance (like with Sport Mode), the drone still beeps if you are near an object.

The only workaround I found is just turning the volume on your phone/tablet down so that you don't hear the beeps anymore.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Put it in Sport mode when you're in the house to turn off the sensors, but be very careful unless you have the prop guards installed.

That doesn't actually stop the beeping on the Mavic Air 2. (and prop guards don't come with the Air 2 either)

There's no way to disable the beeping on the MA2, unfortunately. Flying indoors is a perfectly fine thing to do tho. The vision positioning system is primarily responsible for holding the quad's position and does not depend on GPS. I'm sure there are a lot of inept people for whom it would be a bad idea but as long as you have some sense it's perfectly safe. Not very exciting tho unless you have a very large indoor space.

Reactions: Fire260
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada