DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two controllers for one drone.

PoconoJoe

Reactions
Hi..

I have a Mini 2 and would like to set up one controller with a Tripltek tablet "permanently" attached and have another "bare" controller for quick "grab and go". I will not be using them both at the same time. When I switch from one to the other will I have to "re-pair"? If so is there any way around that?

Thanks, Joe

@PoconoJoe unfortunately you will have to pair whichever controller you decide to use ,each time you change one from the other

@PoconoJoe unfortunately you will have to pair whichever controller you decide to use ,each time you change one from the other
Interesting so you say the controller is the "key" to the lock? If it were the other way around the drone would not know the difference. Hope you know what I am referring to.

The drone and the controller pair to each other, so one isn't really the key and the other the lock. If you could pair 2 controllers to the one drone it would get a bit fruity if you powered up both controllers ??

@wardtom084 ,as @scro said the drone and controller need to be paired with each other ,its no different to having two identical drones each paired to their own controller ,flying next to each other each controller will only control the drone it is paired with ,with the mavic 2pro it was possible to pair a second RC to one drone already paired to another RC, but it meant that one of them was the master RC ,and the other one the secondary that had a limited amount of control,to what it could achieve ,when the drone was in flight, and added to that ,was the ability of the master RC to take over control, as soon as one of the sticks was moved on the master,it was a good way to help a new pilot to get in some air time ,while at the same time having the ability to take control if an issue arose

Reactions: PoconoJoe
One drone to one RC. The end. Sorry. No work arounds. Neither the drone nor the RC is the key. You pair a drone to an RC and both become locked together, you pair an RC to a drone both become locked. Either way, all other RC's and Drones become unlinked when you perform a pairing between an RC and Drone. I wanted to do what you wanted; I couldn't find a work around. Once the drone and RC get married they are monogamous. No more partners. They become monogamous until they get divorced.

Anyone know if I can hook my SC to Mavic 2 Pro as the master controller, and my stock RC as the secondary, so I could have my client able to watch the screen without having to crowd around the SC?
Or alternately does anyone know of a tablet that has HDMI input to accomplish the same thing, albeit with a cord.

Anyone know if I can hook my SC to Mavic 2 Pro as the master controller, and my stock RC as the secondary, so I could have my client able to watch the screen without having to crowd around the SC?
Or alternately does anyone know of a tablet that has HDMI input to accomplish the same thing, albeit with a cord.
I think you can do what you asked in the first question. But I never tried the option of having a primary and secondary controller. However it sounds doable.

Your alternative, I tried transmitting my app screen to my TV. It worked. My whole family could see the display, while I was flying. Maybe someone else in the forum will chime in and give more answers.

One drone to one RC. The end. Sorry. No work arounds. Neither the drone nor the RC is the key. You pair a drone to an RC and both become locked together, you pair an RC to a drone both become locked. Either way, all other RC's and Drones become unlinked when you perform a pairing between an RC and Drone. I wanted to do what you wanted; I couldn't find a work around. Once the drone and RC get married they are monogamous. No more partners. They become monogamous until they get divorced.
Good analogy...

Lenovo yoga pad pro has a micro HDMI input

More advanced drones like the Matrice 300 will allow two controllers to connect to one drone. This gives the ability for one operator to control the gimbal and another operator to control the drone . But as for the mini 2, the drone and the controller are happily married lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest