DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two models listed in Mavic Mini specs

Thomas Fields

Reactions
The specs of the Mini show two models. MT1SS5 and MT1SD25. I have not seen reference to the different models anywhere except in the DJI specs. Can anyone explain this?
Thanks

There's also a Japanese version that is 50 grams lighter (due to smaller capacity batteries, I believe).

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
So does the fact that there are 2 distinct models for ce and fcc, does this mean that this is hard coded and not something that is controlled by software and gps location?

If so, I can see a big market for the U.S. version

So does the fact that there are 2 distinct models for ce and fcc, does this mean that this is hard coded and not something that is controlled by software and gps location?

If so, I can see a big market for the U.S. version

I'll ship one to you for a very reasonable price! :p

I'll ship one to you for a very reasonable price! :p

There is a high chance it'll never get to its final destination but customs will turn it around.

While being in Germany I ordered the Titan Switch Antenna System from Florida.
German customs made me show up and explain them what it was for.
After more detailed evaluation which took a week they said it couldn't be imported due to CE regulations.

But that's interesting with two different models Mavic Mini for FCC and CE.
No more need for the FCC hacks, just a trip to the US :)

Reactions: SpinRush
1) International Version is 249 grams
2) Japan Version is 199 grams (due to the regulations in Japan)
- the only difference is the batteries that comes with it. Battery is 1100mah (18mins flight time, 50grams lighter)
- international version batteries are 2400mah

Both version are same price, in fact, Japanese Yen is relatively high these days, so is a little more expensive.

the exact reason there are two versions, is because in the past it was possible to hack the ce version into thinking it was in the US,but i dont think that the MM will be able to be hacked as i believe they operate differently in that trans and receiver have different systems in them for each area of operation

I am 100% sure it's just a software thing.
Switching between CE and FCC will not be that easy anymore though.

I will certainly get my hands on a US Mavic Mini though for obvious reasons.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Impossible to say right now if there still is an option to change CE/FCC, it may be just a label on the box combined with a FW/App setting for all we know. Spark range/stability is really terrible in CE mode here in the EU (often struggling to get to 300m even), but in FCC mode it was very acceptable. The advanced wifif on the Air was much more stable and usable even in CE mode. Since the Mini seems to use that same advanced wifi system, it might be just fine. If I can get to 800m without too many issues I'm happy, but I'm sure someone is going to see if the fake GPS FCC hack still works. :)

Last edited:
No more need for the FCC hacks, just a trip to the US :)

I was thinking about cancelling the CE-version I ordered and buy a FCC-version (use freight forwarder). However, we cannot be sure the drone is not "smart" enough to be geoblocked in the EU? So I'll just go with the CE-version for now.

I was thinking about cancelling the CE-version I ordered and buy a FCC-version (use freight forwarder). However, we cannot be sure the drone is not "smart" enough to be geoblocked in the EU? So I'll just go with the CE-version for now.
i think you will find that it would not get through customs

Reactions: Freedom 1
Possibly, however here in Norway my experience is they don't inspect all/most packages, just read the invoice and other papers.
the other possibility which i just thought of is that in the US where you would have to order it from then it would probably say on the site does not ship to your country

If there are 2 different versions one for usa and one for europe... what will happen when usa tourists will go to vacations in europe and want to fly their fcc version drone which is non compliant with europe ce standard? Will they be able to fly or will drone stay on the ground geoblocked? And contra ofcourse with europe tourists traveling to usa with their ce standard drones? If that is so then these are big limitations for users who travels internationally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest