DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two of my favourite topics

Barbara

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My favourite sailing channel and drones. Does it get any better? ;o)

They're sailing around Svalbard right now and use many drone shots in their videos. In this video they compare their Phantom to a Mavic 2.

Reactions: Droniac
They're sailing around Svalbard right now and use many drone shots in their videos. In this video they compare their Phantom to a Mavic 2.
There's no better way to show off boats sailing, than a drone.
It's good to see people that have the experience flying from a moving boat showing how they do it.
It's much harder than flying on land, with issues that landlubber drone fliers couldn't imagine.

Interesting that although their visiting expert is obviously very experienced flying from a boat, he has no idea what compass calibration actually does (and can't do).
DJI_0509c-L.jpg

DJI_0988a-L.jpg

DJI_0300a-L.jpg

DJI_0975c-L.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip and Droniac
There's no better way to show off boats sailing, than a drone.
It's good to see people that have the experience flying from a moving boat showing how they do it.
It's much harder than flying on land, with issues that landlubber drone fliers couldn't imagine.

Interesting that although their visiting expert is obviously very experienced flying from a boat, he has no idea what compass calibration actually does (and can't do).
I so agree, a drone shows boats at their best, in motion. I had my M2Z along on our charter last summer, but never got brave enough to fly while we were cruising. And that was on a Trawler, no nasty rigging to worry about. Next summer we chartered a large(ish) sail boat. We'll see, I've been practicing...

Wasn't too sure about their expert either. Perhaps "experienced" would have been a better description. In any case, I love that they're sailing in places most would not even consider.

Oh, and great pictures, yours?

Last edited:
Reactions: Droniac and Chip
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803