DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two questions about RTH function (Air 2s)

acon

Reactions
Hope someone can answer these regarding my Air 2s

1) If I my Air 2s is quite a distance out, say 1000 feet and I lose signal and the RTH function kicks in and the drone starts back home, can I resume control of the drone once signal connection is good (functioning) again? Do I need to manually cancel RTH if I don't want it to come back once I re-establish connection?

2) If I am on a boat that is slightly drifting and I lose signal to my drone and the RTH process starts, I assume the drone will return to the home point that was established at liftoff. However, if my boat has drifted about 100 feet from the original homepoint is there an option to have the drone return to the handheld remote or will it only return to the homepoint? In this case, is it correct to assume that I would need to cancel RTH as some point along the path back to the homepoint, and then manually fly the drone back to where I am on the boat to land?

Thanks!

About number 2, YES you can set RTH to the controller using the map. There is an option there to choose craft or controller location. BUT it will be the location where you set. It does not follow the controller. This should get you close enough to not having any trouble manually landing.

Wonder what your problem is. I go out to 4k feet and in the mountains of NC and do not have a problem with my signal.

Wonder what your problem is. I go out to 4k feet and in the mountains of NC and do not have a problem with my signal.
I would assume this is a hypothetical scenario for argument's sake and the distance was made up to give an example.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada