DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forcast question

It’s the range you want to set for your area of flight.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly!! you set this in Settings (slider bar) it defines how large of an area you want your "preferences" to be included in the decision process. We keep ours at 3 miles (coincidence 3mile min visiblity?? LOL).

But I leave it off it just darkens the map.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If I leave that feature "Off" (toggle OFF) it doesn't show the circle any more. If it's ON I see a "Grey" circle depicting my area of coverage (3 mile).

I'm not sure what the problem is. If I leave that feature "Off" (toggle OFF) it doesn't show the circle any more. If it's ON I see a "Grey" circle depicting my area of coverage (3 mile).
I don’t like the gray circle it darkens the Image.
Just wondering what does the gray circle tells you.

I don’t like the gray circle it darkens the Image.
Just wondering what does the gray circle tells you.

See post #3
See post #2 for correct info

Last edited:
I know what it’s for I was just wondering why you would want to see it. I mean you personally or anyone else that wants to see it.
It’s useful to define the area for your forecast but I don’t see any purpose in displaying it.

I know what it’s for I was just wondering why you would want to see it. I mean you personally or anyone else that wants to see it.
It’s useful to define the area for your forecast but I don’t see any purpose in displaying it.

I only want to know conditions for the area affecting my operations. I don't need to know what's happening in the next county right now.

See post #2 for correct info

Last edited:
I only want to know conditions for the area affecting my operations. I don't need to know what's happening in the next county right now.
Well the switch is labeled “show range” guide so I was believing that it’s in effect whether you show it or not. I sent a question in to find out if that’s true or not.
Silly me thinking that the label on the switch is actually correct.

Well the switch is labeled “show range” guide so I was believing that it’s in effect whether you show it or not. I sent a question in to find out if that’s true or not.
Silly me thinking that the label on the switch is actually correct.
This is A direct quote from an email from UAV forecast:
“The range guide is not used for predicting the weather at all. It's just to help you figure out where you can fly to.”

“The range guide is not used for predicting the weather at all. It's just to help you figure out where you can fly to.”
Refer to post #2

If you read the thread it seems there was a mistaken believe that the range controlled the prediction area which post number 2 apparently did not dispel.
No.
Read it again.
My post #2 made no mention of prediction area.

I stand corrected. Not my first time being wrong and probably won't be my last either :)

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest