DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast update

rehkram

Reactions
I just opened UAV Forecast on my iPhone to check the chances for flying tomorrow.

I was surprised to see new functionality along the bottom of the Conditions- and Wind Profile panels. In short, you can scroll backwards and forwards in time. Hard to describe, but you'll know it when you see it. Just don't forget to jump back to the present before deciding to launch. There is a quick way to do that.

I did not consciously check for an update, it just arrived.

AirPlay_Screenshot_2020-08-11_22-45-32.png
AirPlay_Screenshot_2020-08-11_22-46-04.png

Last edited:
I'm using the paid version of the app to get more forecast days, and running the iPhone in dark mode. The only difference I've noticed is the new time slider bar & day selector along the bottom edge of those two screens.

I appreciate now being able to view a detailed forecast for the predicted winds at various altitudes when planning ahead. That would probably be the most useful thing that this update provides, for me. Great little app just got better, I use it every day.

Last edited:
I just opened UAV Forecast on my iPhone to check the chances for flying tomorrow.

I was surprised to see new functionality along the bottom of the Conditions- and Wind Profile panels. In short, you can scroll backwards and forwards in time. Hard to describe, but you'll know it when you see it. Just don't forget to jump back to the present before deciding to launch. There is a quick way to do that.

I did not consciously check for an update, it just arrived.

View attachment 110345
View attachment 110346
I just updated the free version and the timeline slider is there in Conditions and Wind Profile. Very nice addition, the sun position is nice as well,

Reactions: rehkram
...the sun position is nice as well,

Ah yes, I see what you mean. It was night when I looked at it and not so obvious. Cool!

Here's another screen shot zoomed forward to 2 days from now. It shows the sun position and also the little black and white clock icon on the left right that flies you back to the current day and time.

AirPlay_Screenshot_2020-08-12_11-45-45.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Youngson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803