DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV laws in Romania

DarthSLR

Reactions
Due to the possibility of a business trip to Romania, I have decided to check the UAV laws
According to Drone Laws in Romania | UAV Coach (2019),

"...
  1. To fly a drone in Romania, you must register it with the AACR. If you are a foreigner, it appears that a registration with your country of citizenship could take the place of registering with the AACR, but we recommend checking with the AACR to confirm this before traveling.
  2. In addition to registering, each flight must be pre-approved by the Ministry of Defense.
  3. ...."
I have stopped reading after #2
Seriously??

I had a long chat with a local droner in Romania and it is indeed quite complicated to get your drone up there, especially if you intend to take photos. Anyways, after our chat, I summed it all in this research combining the information from in case useful for others. Hope this helps a little. If useful, flying a drone weighting less than 500 g & non fitted with a recording device will avoid you all the paperwork.

Reactions: Elude and DarthSLR
I had a long chat with a local droner in Romania and it is indeed quite complicated to get your drone up there, especially if you intend to take photos. Anyways, after our chat, I summed it all in this research combining the information from in case useful for others. Hope this helps a little. If useful, flying a drone weighting less than 500 g & non fitted with a recording device will avoid you all the paperwork.
Thank you for your answer and a great link. I guess, I won't be taking my M2P.

Reactions: paulrawlingson
If you need more info, you can sign up for the Forum & ask Stanly more about local Romanian drone rules. This guy is an absolute awesome dude that knows it all and is happy to contribute for the sake of flying well in his country.

EU loves bureaucratic paperwork. Just follow along and you probably get permission to drone lots of stuff. I’ll find out this summer :)

Reactions: paulrawlingson
KAP still rules, even in the EU! It is really widely accepted there and some of the best kite aerials come from Europe.

Hey Guys, so ... i'm going to Romania as well this spring .. any news regarding drone flying? i saw stunning movies and pictures.. but is it worth taking it?

according to that webpage: https://www.drone-made.com/blog/romania-drone-laws
do i get that right?
If you do not intend to fly within a restricted or controlled airspace, you will not need this.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ