DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Wind App Settings

astrohound24

Reactions
What would be some recommended settings on the UAV app as pertaining to threshold settings for wind with MM? The safest settings to avoid big trouble with wind. Thanks!

I'm not placing the safety of my drone in the hands of an app. I'll stick with mark I eyeballs.

12 mph

What would be some recommended settings on the UAV app as pertaining to threshold settings for wind with MM? The safest settings to avoid big trouble with wind. Thanks!
The maximum wind threshold for the mini is 18mph, so that (or under) at the max height you're going to fly.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
If there are gusts over 20mph at 200’, I don’t fly. Close to that and I’m careful where I fly and how high. I use the app every day along with some common sense. I have plenty of other things to do and don’t want to lose my MM.

Reactions: Capt KO
I just tested the airspeed at ground level. The app indicated 18kph, it was four. I have no reason to believe it would be more accurate at any level.
Was that test in a large, open field? If not, trees and structures may have buffered the wind where you were standing, giving you a false reading.

The main question is accuracy at altitude.

Reactions: ajkm
Was that test in a large, open field? If not, trees and structures may have buffered the wind where you were standing, giving you a false reading.

The main question is accuracy at altitude.
So, if I was standing in an urban area, with trees and structures, it would have been the anemometer that gave me the "false reading"? ?

Anyway, I wasn't.

The app would provide winds in open air. If the anemometer is shielded, it will give you a false sense of security in unobstructed altitudes that the app may be accurately reporting.
Remember, you're not flying at the altitude you're using your anemometer.

Now if your anemometer was reporting higher winds than the app, that's a different story.

I'm not placing the safety of my drone in the hands of an app. I'll stick with mark I eyeballs.
Can’t judge wind speed very accurately with just eyeballs. That’s why we have METARs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada