DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uffington Castle and White Horse - Neolithic

scdronemedia

Reactions
Site
www.sc-drone-media.co.uk
Got up at stupid o’clock this morning and drove 40 miles with my trusted hound to get these. This Iron Age fort is on the same site as a huge neolithic chalk carving - the only neolithic chalk carving in the UK - so there was probably a settlement here before the Iron Age. The thing that amazes me is that there is nowhere on the ground that you can see this horse in it’s entirety, only small portions of it. It makes you wonder how they managed to create it.

Pano of the Horse, Castle and Manger. None of these images give a true sense of scale.

DJI_1029-HDR-Pano@0.25x.jpg

The Castle from the north
DJI_0970@0.33x.jpg

The Castle from the south
DJI_0967@0.33x.jpg

The Uffington White Horse
DJI_0993-HDR@0.33x.jpg

The Castle and the White Horse
DJI_1029-HDR@0.33x.jpg

I hope you enjoy. I did.

Got up at stupid o’clock this morning and drove 40 miles with my trusted hound to get these. This Iron Age fort is on the same site as a huge neolithic chalk carving - the only neolithic chalk carving in the UK - so there was probably a settlement here before the Iron Age. The thing that amazes me is that there is nowhere on the ground that you can see this horse in it’s entirety, only small portions of it. It makes you wonder how they managed to create it.

Pano of the Horse, Castle and Manger. None of these images give a true sense of scale.

View attachment 104681

View attachment 104682

View attachment 104683

View attachment 104684

View attachment 104685

I hope you enjoy. I did.
great shots, my plans for flying today were curtailed by the weather, low cloud and drizzle, but supposed to brighten up around 1800 hours fingers crossed

View attachment 104681

View attachment 104682

View attachment 104683

View attachment 104684

View attachment 104685

I hope you enjoy. I did.
Beautiful. The "pain" of stupid o'clock was definitely worth it. ?

Reactions: scdronemedia
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82