DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK FRZ permissions

tiredtim

Reactions
Probably not the correct section for this but.....
Could some clarify the correct procedure for gain permission to fly in a FRZ please.
All I need is to test fly in my garden (Max 50ft) but it’s right on the edge of an extended runway so falls in the FRZ.
I know I need to get permission from the ATC but then what. Having never done this before, I’m a bit confused.
Thanks in advance.

Apparently you have to contact the CAA, you have to fill out some forms requesting permission. I work at the airport and that's what I've been told.

Contact ATC and ask advice. They're usually very helpful.

DJI may also require proof of permissions before unlocking controller/drone as well for a particular date. Search for "DJI Map" in Google, find your location and see what the restriction type is. There's then hints on how strict the restrictions are and how to contact DJI for the stricter stuff.

Unless you're a PfCO holder and have the required insurance and so on there is no way ATC is going to authorise any sort of unlock just so someone can fly low level in their garden.
Their view is if its a test flight, thats even more reason to go somewhere that if it goes wrong, doesnt cause interference to other users of the airspace!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3