DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK - how do new no-fly areas get added?

Scotdrone

Reactions
Does anyone know how new no-fly / advisory zones get added in the UK? There is a big tourist attraction near me that is a place of mass public gathering and they have signs up reinforcing that people shouldn't be flying there. It's not shown on DJIs database so it is a regular haunt for people flying regardless of the amount of tourists that are milling around. I was wondering how places like this get added in the UK. I couldn't see an obvious way for organisations to have their places listed. Prior to becoming a big tourist attraction the location was just wasteland and still looks like wasteland on Google's satellite image (despite existing for about 5 years).

Reactions: Mario T
Hi Scott

You should D-Load Drone Assist from the plat store, it's the national information outlet for aerial activity in the UK. Good luck

Hi Scott

You should D-Load Drone Assist from the plat store, it's the national information outlet for aerial activity in the UK. Good luck
Yes I have that and use that. It doesn't though offer any insight into how locations can add themselves as no fly/advisory areas so that the DJI app will eventually provide a warning once they update their database.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji