DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK insurance for theft

Sunshinebee

Reactions
Hello,

I couldn't find exactly what I was after so decided I'd post and see if someone could help. I'm going to the Philippines via Dubai with Emirates on Saturday and I've just read that I have to put my mavic mini in my checked bagged not carry on. I'm worried about it being stolen from my bag (as well as the potential for this to happen when on the trip). My travel insurance won't cover it. Therefore, where can I get a policy to cover me for theft? I'm not fussed about covering myself for damage to people or property at the moment as I won't fly it often and only intend to fly it over the beaches/sea initially and will increase cover later if I want to expand my use of it. I guess accidental damage to the drone would be helpful too? I get more and more confused the more I read. Thanks for any help.

First check with your homeowners policy. Usually the cheapest and easiest to get. Good luck

Hello,

I couldn't find exactly what I was after so decided I'd post and see if someone could help. I'm going to the Philippines via Dubai with Emirates on Saturday and I've just read that I have to put my mavic mini in my checked bagged not carry on. I'm worried about it being stolen from my bag (as well as the potential for this to happen when on the trip). My travel insurance won't cover it. Therefore, where can I get a policy to cover me for theft? I'm not fussed about covering myself for damage to people or property at the moment as I won't fly it often and only intend to fly it over the beaches/sea initially and will increase cover later if I want to expand my use of it. I guess accidental damage to the drone would be helpful too? I get more and more confused the more I read. Thanks for any help.
Personally I’d check again regards hold luggage, every time I’ve travelled it’s been carry on, one battery in the drone and the other two in the case, never an issue.

Reactions: Capt KO
On their website it says under dangerous hood that they won't allow them as carry on ?

On their website it says under dangerous hood that they won't allow them as carry on ?
just looked, your right, most other airlines insist they are carried on. You can carry the batteries with you, which I would recommend.

For safety reasons, we can't allow drones on board as cabin baggage. Drones can be accepted as checked-in baggage only. If you have a drone in your checked-in baggage you'll be asked to either secure the Lithium batteries within the drone or remove the batteries and carry them in your cabin baggage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS