DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Mavic 2 won't fly Enhanced Warning Zone (Airport)

AVInteractive

Reactions
I had this message come up a couple of days ago but I'm sure I was not in a restricted Zone even with the new rules. I checked before using the NATS map and EASYVFR plus since looked at google maps and done some measurements.

Any ideas why it would not let me fly? That said it gave me the option to ignore the message but I still couldn't clear it off the screen. I was able to take off and hover at 1metre but aborted the flight as the message would not go.

On the NATS map I was located where the Red dot is
Screen shots attached.

Attachments

• Bodmin DJI.png
    Bodmin DJI.png
    755.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Bodmin Drone Won't fly.jpg
    Bodmin Drone Won't fly.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Bodmin Easy VFR.jpg
    Bodmin Easy VFR.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Bodmin Google.jpg
    Bodmin Google.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Bodmin NATS App.png
    Bodmin NATS App.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 22
When this happened to me it was a user interface design error. Did you try clicking on the almost invisible (especially outdoors) blue circle, which then allows you to click on “yes” to clear the message?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Sadly not I only realised there was a blue circle when I saw the screen grab on a computer, I was just clicking the YES to no avail !!

Me too. On my very first flight the aircraft refused to take off (in an area clearly allowed according to the CAA) and I spent 15 minutes standing in a field hunting through all sorts of options, then googling on my phone, then finally found someone's post about this. The control is almost invisible -- and also redundant (therefore unexpected) because there is already a "yes" button.

It is a very poor user interface design error! I hope DJI will improve this one day...

A redundant input is good user interface design if you want people to actually read what you wrote... Since most people just "yes" things away without reading you don't really have a choice if you want to be sure people read. IT support 101...

AVInteractive, it seems these enhanced zones are just virtual extensions of a couple of kilometres extending out from ATZs and other airspace/restictions, they are advisory only.
DJI have added them probably just to give users a heads up that they are close to things like active aerodromes, I agree the interface for dismissing them could be clearer
Basicly it's an arse covering exercise by DJI but if it makes a few users who would otherwise not give any consideration to nearby airspace then maybe its a good thing.

P.S. not shoving you in that pidgeon hole of course.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121