DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK: New drone legislation imminent

Londroner

Reactions
Just thought I'd start a thread in the proper forum for the new UK drone legislation that just been announced and is sure to be a talking point in the weeks ahead.

So far main points are:
1. Registration for all drones over 250grams.
2. Safety test for all drone owners (no firm details yet).

No timetable has yet been given for this legislation to be discussed in Parliament let alone when it would be signed into law. However, the clock is ticking.

Any thoughts so far?

Have no issues with this whatsoever; anything to calm down the groundless hysteria the press throw at us.... Have no idea how they will implement the training safety test though, and the cynical part of me says the dickheads that this is aimed at will be the ones that won't bother.....

Ian

YouTube / Ian in London

Reactions: scooot
Have no issues with this whatsoever; anything to calm down the groundless hysteria the press throw at us.... Have no idea how they will implement the training safety test though, and the cynical part of me says the dickheads that this is aimed at will be the ones that won't bother....

YouTube / Ian in London

100% fact.
I would quite happily take the test and pay to register if it helps calm the publics fear of drones.
But let's say I already own a drone and flout the law regardless of any rules then as stated above I just don't register.Who will stop me causing havoc.The irresponsible minority will just carry on doing what they like.

100% fact.
I would quite happily take the test and pay to register if it helps calm the publics fear of drones.
But let's say I already own a drone and flout the law regardless of any rules then as stated above I just don't register.Who will stop me causing havoc.The irresponsible minority will just carry on doing what they like.
That's going to be the problem. How will they police any laws? Rely on public reports? That way lies madness.

Reactions: scooot
Changes like this are absolutely fine but like above, the people the laws are there for tend to break them anyway and the other people merely need guidelines to do whatever it is responsibly.

My daughter likes to fly my Mavic, shes eight, Will she need to do a test? If I do a test and fail what happens to all my gear?

I just hope this doesn't screw me when I vacation there next summer. I want to, of course, get some photos with it, but if I have to take a class and pass a test WHILE I'M THERE and suck days and money out of my short stay just for a couple recreational flights, I probably just won't bother.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+