DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Police launch dedicated drone unit

Johnmcl7

Reactions
With all the negative news around drones I thought it was good to see a positive article about a police force that's setting up a dedicated drone unit:

Take off for first 24-hour police drone unit

Inspires seem an odd choice though as I'd have thought the portability of the Mavic would suit the role better given for the type of use it's going to get, I can't see they're going to get much benefit from the Inspire.

Well they can change camera's John with one and add like a Flir one .
That's what our SAR's use here for nite use . Seems they would get both though .
Thanks for sharing that .

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Yes more options e.g. Infra Red to detect heat.
It would only be an example in the piece, they could probably have the compact simpler Mavic or similar too.
You could easily carry a mavic on a police bike and it could relay near live images back to base.
It was odd they made that sound like that was some future improvement.

its on the news here Exeter police who get to test a lot of new stuff and they will use Mavic's as well just seen the vids of them using them. The inspires look quite good in Police clothing but now are they modding them he he or are DJi supplying them NFZ free otherwise the only use they will be is in the moors

Ah of course, that makes a lot of sense.
Couldn't find what I was looking for but this is from here and is one of our drones that got this guy .Was with an inspire but our SAR's groub has 2 inspires a a p4P and several mavics . Skip to about .30 to see what was got with it .

maybe they will be true drone police and soon will be chasing bad mavic pilots with the inspires in air to air,, red bull style, catch me if you can races a bit like grand theft auto in the air.

One modded mavic versus one unmodded inspire, me thinks will be a good match :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters