DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Registration:

Rogerlin

Reactions
Being a good boy I have now registered with The CAA, passed the on line test and been given a registration number. Thing is, you are supposed to have this number actually on your drone(s) which is good and may help if ever you loose it.

So short of buying a labelling machine or scrawling the number somewhere like on the batteries can anyone offer any ideas.....Cheers!

Plain paper and a bit of clear waterproof tape, if you want to do it on the cheap.

Note that the CAA's requirements state that the label should be on the main body of the drone, accessible without special tools, and visible when the drone it landed. That would seem to suggest the nose or the side are probably the best locations. I'm going with the side, since should my label come off in flight I would hope it would be blown down and away by the prop wash rather than potentially foul a motor or propeller.

Being a good boy I have now registered with The CAA, passed the on line test and been given a registration number. Thing is, you are supposed to have this number actually on your drone(s) which is good and may help if ever you loose it.

So short of buying a labelling machine or scrawling the number somewhere like on the batteries can anyone offer any ideas.....Cheers!
in the UK we are allowed to put it inside the battery compartment so just use printer paper cut to size and affix it to the battery compartment you only need the number so place it in the center so it does not interfere with the bottom of the battery

I have a label printer and stuck my registration number in the battery compartment. I am sure the label would stick fine to the outside body but I am not taking the chance of it coming off mid flight and potentially causing a problem.

Reactions: old man mavic
in the UK we are allowed to put it inside the battery compartment so just use printer paper cut to size and affix it to the battery compartment you only need the number so place it in the center so it does not interfere with the bottom of the battery
Are you sure about the battery compartment? In the guidance for where to label your drone it states:

• easy to read when the aircraft is on the ground
If you have to take the battery out to read the number, then I don't think you're sticking to that rule?

It also says the label should be viewable without the need for special tools and on the main body of the drone....

Putting it in the battery compartment is on the main body and you dont need special tools to get to it, its also easy to see once its on the ground once the battery is removed.

Are you sure about the battery compartment? In the guidance for where to label your drone it states:

• easy to read when the aircraft is on the ground
If you have to take the battery out to read the number, then I don't think you're sticking to that rule?

it would seem that there has been a change to where you put the label in a email from the BFMA that i received about registration it clearly stated that it was ok to put the operator number inside of the battery compartment as no tools were needed to remove the battery so all those scale modelers are going to be miffed if they have to put a reg no clearly visible on their aircraft

Reactions: Lastrexking
Mine is staying there no matter what happens. I even stuck a label on my flight case so if the Police or a member of the public come for a nosey I can show them my code and also the email showing I have registered.

Is there even going to be an online database with all our names on it thats searchable by the Police whilst in the field??

Reactions: jumblemon
It also says the label should be viewable without the need for special tools and on the main body of the drone....

Putting it in the battery compartment is on the main body and you dont need special tools to get to it, its also easy to see once its on the ground once the battery is removed.

But, that's with the battery removed - it has to be visible 'on' the craft, not 'in' it. I suppose it's down to interpretation, but as a UK civil servant and law enforcement officer (not police), I and my colleagues read 'easy to read when the aircraft is on the ground' as on the top or side of the craft and readable without picking it up.

Mine is staying there no matter what happens. I even stuck a label on my flight case so if the Police or a member of the public come for a nosey I can show them my code and also the email showing I have registered.

Is there even going to be an online database with all our names on it thats searchable by the Police whilst in the field??
The Police will check details by calling the drone registration team at the CAA.

it would seem that there has been a change to where you put the label in a email from the BFMA that i received about registration it clearly stated that it was ok to put the operator number inside of the battery compartment as no tools were needed to remove the battery so all those scale modelers are going to be miffed if they have to put a reg no clearly visible on their aircraft

@Rogerlin please see my thread UK registration labeling the craft i am sorry if i misinformed you with my answer above that is why i asked for clarification from the Caa

Reactions: dirkclod
I managed to get my label printer to print in really small letters so I found a spot on the back of the Mavic Air that it will fit.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Thanks for all the info chaps, checking Amazon you can get a great Dymo for £23 incl.delivery so I`ve gone for that option and will put a nice label on the front, probably. Also I can label my spice jars so I don`t get my Cumin seeds mixed up with the Naga Chilli`s....:cool:

You will find yourself using it for loads of stuff. I use mine all the time.

I reckon you are right, I am thinking of loads of stuff since I ordered it....

I’m pleased to have registered and very happy to put the OP Number in a prominent place - it’s been a long time coming.

This way, anybody in authority has no need to touch your drone to check the number and it may even start to correct our undeserved reputation with the public caused by the idiot flyers.

If we all show our numbers and be proud then the idiots who don’t register and fly dangerously giving us a bad name will be easier to catch.

3020B52A-4048-4076-8AEA-9E182764B961.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m pleased to have registered and very happy to put the OP Number in a prominent place - it’s been a long time coming.

This way, anybody in authority has no need to touch your drone to check the number and it may even start to correct our undeserved reputation with the public caused by the idiot flyers.

If we all show our numbers and be proud then the idiots who don’t register and fly dangerously giving us a bad name will be easier to catch.

View attachment 84958
I like the lettering on yours, what printer did you use? Looks like a transfer rather than a sticker.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S