DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK rules, would a Dambuster flight path down LadyBower be legal?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
...they had signs up saying no Drone flying..
Perhaps to avoid to many occasions like this, think the best when feeling the urge to go down a hole ... is to settle with only doing what's stated in 2:12 minutes 😁

Ta, thumbs up about Peak District property.
Granted Severn Trent have the right to stop a drone being launched and landed from their property but I'd be surprised if they control the actual airspace above the water and dam unless there is legislation about low level flights over reservoirs and or contaminants be dropped/crashed etc. into the water, which would be fair enough.
Going down the plug might be a nice idea but it's asking for trouble (as proved ) and with water currently flowing down them I'd bet there's a fair down draught.
BTW this is all hypothetical wishful thinking.

That said the Glossop side of the Snake is glorious when the Heather is in bloom.

Ta, thumbs up about Peak District property.
Granted Severn Trent have the right to stop a drone being launched and landed from their property but I'd be surprised if they control the actual airspace above the water and dam unless there is legislation about low level flights over reservoirs and or contaminants be dropped/crashed etc. into the water, which would be fair enough.
Going down the plug might be a nice idea but it's asking for trouble (as proved ) and with water currently flowing down them I'd bet there's a fair down draught.
BTW this is all hypothetical wishful thinking.

That said the Glossop side of the Snake is glorious when the Heather is in bloom.
Yeah, they don't own the air space. There are security laws protecting water sources in the UK though - so they may have some wiggle room there? Who knows.
I've flown in and around Langsett plenty and never had any issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark